Is this shrimp compatible with dwarf seahorses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattscheck4

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a tank set up for some dwarf seahorses. I ordered my clean-up crew online, but I didn't get exactly what I'd ordered. In lieu of 3 sexy shrimp, I received 3 white-spot anemone shrimp. I've had sexy shrimp before, and I loved them. Of course, the company from which I ordered the shrimp has heard from me, but I'm not sure how quick their response time will be, so I have the shrimp in my tank now (no seahorses in there yet; I was planning to add them in a week or so). Anyhow, these new guys have pinchers on them, which the sexy shrimp don't, and that makes me pretty nervous. Can I keep them with the h. zosterae, or should I start looking for a new home for them? Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks, everyone!

Oh, a link to a page about the guys I received:
Pacific Clown Anemone Shrimp (Periclimenes brevicarpalis)

Not entirely sure on the compatibility of inverts and seahorses, but just remember that seahorses are very slow animals, and opportunistic creatures like crabs will eat mostly anything they can catch, and i know that seahorses like to wrap their tails around rock to stay stationary at times. So whatever you get, even if they are said to be compatible, i would keep a close eye on their actions. Seahorses are very delicate creatures.

Back
Top Bottom