Is this tank worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am considering buying this tank. Is it worth the $500 that I am offering? I will probably take it and drill it. Lights sound good and the tank and sump look nice. What do you think? I am not going to pay the $700, but I think it's worth $500.

75 gallon Salt Water Fish Tank

absolutely, the rock and lights alone are worth 500 dollars the pump and skimmer probably another 300 the tank and stand another couple of hundred

He says it's a brand new 125 gallon skimmer. I don't see it in the sump either. I think the deal is going to be $500 without the skimmer. But, I have a coralife 125 super skimmer that I just picked up on craigslist anyway. The lights with new bulbs have to be worth a few bucks too. I am excited. I see it at 10:00 tomorrow morning. If it is all good I will pick it up this weekend. My 29 gallon is not big enough after only 2 months! Think I will keep them both up though. My plan is to drill this one. I think from the description that it is hob overflow. I think I will drill and hard plumb it. Will have to keep the rock in buckets with power head and heaters while I drill and get the plumbing set up.

So, I went and looked at the tank today and it is what I want. I will be picking up the rock probably friday and put it in a 55 gallon drum that I have with water, powerhead and heater. Will pick up the tank and rest of it on Saturday. I talked to my LFS and they are going to drill the tank for me. I was going to get a kit from glass-holes.com for $100 but, I think I prefer the way my LFS is going to do it. They are going to drill the bottom and put in overflows and returns for $220. I like the idea of the durso standpipe. I think it will be quieter and less trouble. I will probably just sell the HOB overflow that I am getting with the tank to recoup some of the money spent. Once I pick up the tank and start the setup I will start a build thread. Thanks for all the advise! I can't wait to get started!

Back
Top Bottom