Is this to much filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75gal FOWLR 3 damsels, 1 lion, 1 trigger, 1 blue spotted puffer, 1 rock crab, 1 snowflake eel, 10 snails. 80lbs LR, 80lbs LS. For filters: 1 250gal hot shot magnum with micron, 1 aquclear 500 with foam and carbon, 1 remora c pro skimmer. Is this fine, to much, not right???? any help.

Thanks

The best way to see if you have enough filtration is to test water parameters. If all is well, your filtration s on target. u have several messy eaters there so water quality may be an issue.

the magnum 350 will not run well with the micron filter. (its kinda a once a month freshwater thing.)

However, the Canister Filter is a good Idea. you will probibly need to run it with carbon to get any good use out of it in a tank of your size with your bio-load.

I have one on my 37 gallon and it works beautifully. but, my bio-load is also very small. ( and so is my tank.) 8)

I dont think you'll have the same bio-load after the Trigger, Puffer and Lion get the taste of Damsel :D

Back
Top Bottom