Is this water ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just need to top off about 9 gallons of water. I couldn't find distilled water like I always use, so is this water ok? It says filtered thru Reverse Osmosis.

2r5sxft.jpg

Yeah, some is worse than others. I was always meaning to get a pen TDS to test the different distilled brands but I was able to see a difference. It is all about that 0 TDS in the end.

Yeah, some is worse than others. I was always meaning to get a pen TDS to test the different distilled brands but I was able to see a difference. It is all about that 0 TDS in the end.

Come to think of it, I used distilled water for a while and had this white fuzz growing all on the rock.... Didn't start until I started using distilled water.

It's not ideal, but I'm sure you'd be fine. Why not just go to the pet store with a 5gallom bucket and buy ro/di water for like $.60 a gallon. Couple bucks is worth it not have to worry about it in my opinion.

Hey sniper...why do you use Distilled water instead of ro/di?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's not ideal, but I'm sure you'd be fine. Why not just go to the pet store with a 5gallom bucket and buy ro/di water for like $.60 a gallon. Couple bucks is worth it not have to worry about it in my opinion.

Hey sniper...why do you use Distilled water instead of ro/di?

depending on his area that could be inconvenient or more expensive. my LFS charge 2 bucks a gallon :/....

I use distilled water also saves me a 80 mile round trip to pet store
never seen any algae growth only green bubble algae growing on my power cords to the power heads , but I clean it off as fast as it grows so no big deal to me

Distilled works, but some of us don't even have lfs near us that offer such options.
I have a ro/di, but my water is so bad I burn through resin and filters. Distilled will work in a pinch, even in long term. But ro/di is still better.

With a dollar store right on the next block that sells Purified water filtered thru a ro unit and shelves always stocked with Distilled water, it works great. the LFS which is Old Town Aquarium is 35 minutes away....

Back
Top Bottom