Is this worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a mandarin and well to no surprise it has passed even though every other week I added 2,000 copepods etc from reefs2go. I guess he and other fish just plowed through them.

Question is this.

My local saltwater shop has a pair of ORA mandarins for 150.00

This I exactly what they look like.

image-766878858.jpg

Should I pull the trigger an also am I looking for trouble?

Current stock;

2 clowns
2 Banjaiis
1 purple fire fish
1 six line wrasse
1 harliquin shrimp
1 orange spotted goby

5 gallon water changes every week and feed every other day.

Can I push the envelope? I REALLY want these and I watched them eat frozen brine yesterday.

Assorted CUC members.

Those things are sweet. Well you know that you are overstocked is going to be said. To most it is but you are religious about the changes so you might be ok. I am at my limit I think in mine. Might do one more in a month cause the wife wants to pick one. She asked the other day about me telling her she could pick of fish but I keep coming home with something. But she did save my Kenya tree last night while I working. One of my two big turbos knocked it off the rock I had it on into the anemone. Obv the nem wasn't to happy to have an invader and was stinging it.

Yea I hear ya but I want these soooo bad lol. Good wife bro! Looking out of the tank and getting her hands wet all for the cause lol. Good stuff.

I don't think id go with a pair. The "target" mandarins are pretty easy to come by online and from what I seen are mostly ora anyways for a better price.

Can you only get the pair or do you just want the pair?

Nice looking fish but IMO way overpriced. I have kept mandarins before without adding any pods (or any food) to reefs for years. I would let your tank mature and try one again for $20 rather than two for $150. Contrarily I have also tried them before & got them to eat frozen, live brine, etc & still die. Good luck either way.

You have some good fish store too. I think when I get an extra couple hundred we will have Plan something and I can make a little road trip with my son to check out the department and Ofcourse your lfs

Ya i agree :/ i just dont think there is enough room in the biocube, and they are pretty overpriced :(

Ok :(

I'm not gonna do it. The tank is thriving so I don't want to upset the ecosystem :)

22Engine that sounds like a plan brother!!

You guys/gals haven't steered me wrong ever and thats why my tanks look like they do!

Back
Top Bottom