isopod!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am 90% sure i have isopods..well at least one! I saw it just now while feeding my seahorses. It was about 3 mm long black eyes was clear/brownish and very fast (it ran along the bottom). It obviously doesnt mind the light since it came out while feeding. what should i do?! should i be worried, will it harm my seahorses?? i tried to catch it but it was too fast and hid :(

Just remember to hide the chips! :D

Attachments

• isopod2.jpg
    isopod2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 332
Wow, there are about 5,000 different species of isopods- so I can't help you whether they're bad in your tank or not. But I like seeing them in my tank and haven't had any problems with them. Good luck, and hope you have some good ones.

Just checked the fish since its night and that's when the blood sucking ones attach, and good news didn't see any isopods. so ill keep looking for a few nights but good luck so far :)

Suntail Goby died! I did check him about 3 or 4 times at night and didnt see any bugs..but he was also usually under the rock and hard to see. He was eating. Could this be the isopod? How long do they take to kill a fish and will they attach to the fish every night or just some nights?

hmm nobody knows? I saw the isopod again yesterday and ran to get the net but he was gone by the time i came back.. he seems bigger but again came out while i was feeding. Does this perhaps mean hes more of a scavenger?

Back
Top Bottom