Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #11
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermz79
So you say bait a inverted bottle with little pieces of food and use that to catch them??? That works?
You won't know until you try and it's not going to make it worse in any event. Be sure to add the small piece of nylon as well. It helps get them wound up/more easily trapped. I think it's going to come down to the right kind of bait and how readily available food sources are. I would honestly suggest trying a small piece of beef heart.

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

hmmmm o.k.!!!

I'll try that I guess, like you said what can it hurt! How will the beef heart affect water parameters?

Thanks!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #13
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermz79
How will the beef heart affect water parameters?
Your only going to leave it a day or two at most so I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-22-2005, 01:59 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

do you have a rough diagram of this trap you mention steve?

are you refering to just the simple 'coke bottle' trap with some nylon hose in it?
75g w/ 30g sump, 160# LR, 60# sand: Inverts =18 turbos, 30 nassirus's, 40 blue leg's, 5 emeralds, 1 CBS, 1 skunk cleaner, 1 brown gulf shrimp? and various other LR hitch hikers yet un discovered or un-ID'ed
Fish=1 yellow tang, 1 yellow headed jawfish, 1 pink/blue shrimpgoby, 2 perc clowns.
Future fish = 1 sixline, 1 lawnmower blenny
mykpoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:39 PM   #15
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykpoz
are you refering to just the simple 'coke bottle' trap with some nylon hose in it?
Pretty much... just cut off the top and invert it inwards so you get a funnel effect. It's harder for what's being caught to find their way out. The use of the nylon entangles most pests and makes it that much more difficult to get free.

http://bradcalv.customer.netspace.net.au/trap1.gif

Cheers
Steve

Tags
bottom, isopods

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com