It is finally time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had my powder brown tang in QT for over 6-weeks. I did a hypo treatment just in case, because I never want to have to deal with ich again. Last night I got the salinity up to 1.023. After work today I got it up to 1.024 and I plan to put him in my main tank in the next few hours. My question is.... Do I wait until tonight to put him in while my Hippo Tang is sleeping under her rock. Or can I put the powder brown in this afternoon as long as I turn the tank lights off? Or does it not make any difference either way? Thanks again.

You can do a few things, turn off the lights, feed the tank before introduction or wait till lights out. I like to feed the tank and then turn out the lights.

Last edited:
I like to feed the tank and add while I can keep an eye on things. If necessary you can go lights out if there is too much of a sqabble.

I assume you have already added this fish. Let's see some pics.

I did put him in last night with lights off and the hippo tang sleeping. When I left the house this morning the hippo was still sleeping and the new powder brown was roaming around with the clownfish. So I never got to see first introductions of the two tangs. I was anxious to get home to see what was going on. When I got home this afternoon I was relieved to see that everything looked to be going good so far. No squabling. Here are some pics as requested. The coloration of the new fish is extremely vivid under my main tank's lighting. More so in person than in the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 95
They are about the same size. I'd guess about 4" each. Why, is it better to add a bigger or smaller one last? I got lucky with that pbt, I had been looking for one for awhile. I went to a LFS and they just happened to get back from buying new fish from the wholesalers in Los Angeles. She sold me that pbt for $20 right in the bag from the wholesaler. Good timing on my part for once.

If teh blue was much larger it could easily bully the new addition. Adding one about the same size or larger should mean less squabbles (for now). Occasional chasing is to be expected as is both feeding from the same nori clip at the same time,

Really nice looking tank.

Back
Top Bottom