Item on Ebay, Need opinions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've used Hagen AquaClear Powerheads in freshwater tanks for years. Everything from 201's to 801's. A few of them have burned up but I'd guess it was mainly my fault for not cleaning them often enough or even ever. I'm currently using two 301's and two 801's in a 75 gal saltwater tank and find that I need to do regular maintance on them to keep good waterflow. Mainly I'm cleaning the intakes of debris and while I have them apart I've been scrubbing the impellers a little. I've never heard of an AquaClear 4000 so I can't give you any input on that particular model.
Hope this helps
-Charles

I'd be interested in knowing how these work out as well. They are a different design from the Aquaclear PH's that I've had in the past. The design, from what I could see from the picture, sort of resembles the way the ZooMed Powersweeps are put together.

I'll let you know. They do look like the zoo meds, don't they. Now that's one I don't like.

I have one of these. Actually a VERY powerfull powerhead. Almost to much for my 29 Gal. Only problem is getting a filer to cover the end. I had a power outage one night and one of my Clowns decided to get a little close to it. Next day I was greeted with a very tiny ball of Clown fish that was sucked up into it. SO much for a mated pair of Clown fish. :(

Back
Top Bottom