It's contagious...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atari

Aquarium Advice Addict
All this bad luck goin round guess it was bound to be my turn sooner or later... It's 4 something in the a.m and I just gotten woken up to the lovely sound of my Prizm skimmer blowin up :(

my lettuce nudibranch has disapered with no trace! Not sure if the powerhead or one of my clean up crew consumed him =( We was alive and well in the morning and gone by the time I got back from work =(

Atari said:
All this bad luck goin round guess it was bound to be my turn sooner or later... It's 4 something in the a.m and I just gotten woken up to the lovely sound of my Prizm skimmer blowin up :(

Ouch! always something mate :(

Charterhouse aquatics still have the deluxe version for £89, you might have to phone them though to get next day delivery as its normally 2-3 days

Cheers Shelton.

Yeah I was hoping I would be able to just buy a new pump for it but it's impossible to find one :roll: Just can't bring myself buy a whole new Prizm, but the DOC's are building up fast so I gotta do something soon. Too bad we can't get the Remora here, would've been a perfect time to see just how good they are.

atari why cant ya get one? if anything have someone buy it for you here and ship it to you ? id be happy yo help if ya wanted it :)

the 'energizer' blew up? did it run dry or something??

I know you can get a replacement from Red Sea..but shipping overseas is slow and expensive.

I hope mine doesn't blow up before I have a chance to replace it, and then keep the prizm as a backup/emergency skimmer.

Atari said:
Yeah I was hoping I would be able to just buy a new pump for it but it's impossible to find one :roll: Just can't bring myself buy a whole new Prizm, but the DOC's are building up fast so I gotta do something soon. Too bad we can't get the Remora here, would've been a perfect time to see just how good they are.

I had a look out of interest & couldn't find anybody doing them, if you want HOB then its one of the prizms or the Deltec MCe600, but thats over double the price 8O 8O 8O

Cheers Shelton.

Thanks for the offer Keith.. I would've definitely taken you up on that but it turns out my LFS is a lot more helpful than I thought.

They offered to give me a replacement 'energizer' free of charge OR credit towards a brand new skimmer taking into account the trouble I've gone through - which really wasn't that much since this is the first time I've had a problem with it and I only live 15 mins away so not much petrol costs either.

So what's the outcome of all that? I got back more than I paid for it! 8O

I now have a brand new Deltec MCE600 which they let me have for the measily sum of £99!! They sell them for £219, and the cheapest I've seen online is £189.

I have the bestest LFS in the world! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom