It's Playsand season. Shout out when you find some!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been trying to find some in North-Central Florida. Anyone find any here? I've been calling all the HD locations around here. I've called HD HQ and they can't (or won't) tell me what stores have it. I've tried to contact YardRight to find retailer locations but no answer yet.

It's also getting rather late in the season. I would imagine it will keep getting tougher and tougher to find until next spring. :?

bound_for_obx said:
Home Depot
Lower Paxton
5101 Jonestown Rd
Harrisburg, PA 17112
(717)651-9699

I called these guys and the man said "you aren't using this for a saltwater aquarium are you???" really condecending sounding:) So of course I said "ummm uhhh errr no sir". The problem is that I'm in florida and none of my stores will transfer it down here so I'm waiting on the guy to call me back and tell me how much it'll be to ship 200lbs :roll: Should be real fun. If it's too much, I'm strapping on the scuba gear and doing an undercover reconnaissance mission off coast a ways:) Can anybody tell me how deep I should be getting the sand from... or how far out? I know not to use beach sand or close in sand because of pollution, but how far out is good enough?

Does anyone know about All Treat Play Sand, available at small hardware stores in Toronto? HomeDepot was all out and lo and behold there was an 18 kilogram bag at my local hardware store for less than 4 dollars. The bag says nothing on it other than that it has been washed. I wrote www.alltreat.com but have not so far heard back. Am curious to know whether it will be suitable for a fowlr aquarium. Jeff

I was able to find some OldCastle tropical play sand in my area. Would I be able to use this sand in a FW tank housing a FW sting ray? Or would this sand raise my PH. I was told the sand does not act as a buffer like your CC or LR.

The HD in Claymont, De has 52 bags, just got one. If you have HD in your area, the Home Depot SKU for Old Castle Tropical is 578-819 - call stores in your area and give them this number (only works for HD I think). They can check stock and you don't have to drive around looking :D

I found Old Castle at a Home Depot chicago suburb, they had 18 bags in stock I bought 250# worth. Not all for me some for my friend as well.

very happy.

Has anyone found any southdown/old castle in the ft. myers area of florida.

I live in Lee county but i'd be willing to go anywhere in southwest florida to get it.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom