It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd just cut up an old cord off something or like an extension cord and use that wire. I think its ~16 gauge.

The ballast should have a schematic on it and that should indicated the wire gauge. If it does not I would go to the Icecap website and get information there. Use what ever they suggest.

nothing on the ballast, I even searched last night but couldn't come up with it. I looked, for fun, at what wiring hellolights sells, and it's 18 gauge wire, that just seems to small to me, and the wire on the ballasts is at least 14 guage from looking at it.

If you have a wire stripper, you can measure the guage.....

Had a few things arrive today. Sorry for poor quality, can't find the card reader for my camera, so this is from the phone.

Attachments

• 0801081844_02.jpg
    0801081844_02.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 138
Excellent!!

We had a good time on our trip today! Next time we will plan on doing the cook out. My wife has been under the weather with the sinus mess for a week or two and the heat and all the driving got to her.

I know the trip was well worth it for me!!!!!!!!

I just realized the largest thing you got today isn't pictured....??????

Oh, alright fine. Does this make you happy?

Here's the latest pickup from Ziggy yesterday afternoon.

IMG_2329.JPG

And, here's today's project. Any guesses what it's going to be? lol

IMG_2330.JPG

New tools. Well, let's see. On the right you see the clamps next to the "green truck" as my son calls it. At the top of the picture you can see the legs of my new table saw that will probably never get used again after this. lol. Left top is the box, that counts too, right? only 1 bad cut so far. One of the center crossbeams I cut 1/8" too short. Oops, still getting used to alignment on the table saw.

Allen thanks for all your help with designing this thing so it won't collapse under the tank!

The last woodworking I did was when I was about 11, I built some birdhouses. Other than that, once a year for the past 2 years I've helped my daughter create pine car racers out of a little block of wood, but all I ever used for that was a hacksaw, dremel tool, and a sander.

BTW, for it only being 87 today I'm sweating my gonads off out there. I should've gotten a fan too.

New table saw. $99 special at HD. Portable, it's definately not a heavy duty thing, but for cutting 2x4's it's working well.

IMG_2331.JPG

Wood in the yard waiting for it's chance to have it's heads cut off too.
IMG_2332.JPG

And finally, current status. Completed the bottom and top pieces. Not bad for 2 hours work from someone who doesn't do this kinda stuff.
Quick cool-down break, then it's time to start putting them together.
IMG_2333.JPG

Alright, done for the day. Here's where we got.

IMG_2335.JPG

Levels aren't 100% perfect, but then again I don't believe my flooring is either.
Depth
IMG_2337.JPG

Length
IMG_2338.JPG

And finally, Zachary wanted to go in his "cage"
IMG_2339.JPG

Back
Top Bottom