It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice!

I don't think it is a green slimer. I have the same coral, from the same place...after a few weeks the color changed a bit on mine. They keep their corals under 20,000K 400W bulbs and any change from that will result in the coral changing as well.

Still a very nice acro!

So Ziggy stopped by today, dropped off a few things and we hit a few LFSs, I got a few new pieces today. Please ignore the Diatoms outbreak, it's temporary (I'm hoping)

Pagoda Cups:
IMG_2696.JPG

Acan #1
IMG_2697.JPG

Purple Zoas
IMG_2698.JPG

Green Zoas:
IMG_2699.JPG

Trumpet Coral (Compliments of Ziggy)
IMG_2700.JPG

Frogspawn (Also compliments of Ziggy)
IMG_2701.JPG

Acan #2
IMG_2702.JPG

Really do like those green ones. I'm glad the frag I picked up has a few polyps of them on it too. That red acan really is awesome!!

Very nice. I saw that ziggy had added new corals and stopped by your place so i had to hit up your thread next to see what you got. That cup coral is a real nice bright green.

So are you adding or using anything for the water chemestry. Example conditions, additves or removers?

I'm running phosban in a phosban reactor. Outside of that, no additional additives. For now, I'm doing ~30% water changes weekly, though.

I have increased my cleanup crew a bit, adding some more snails and 2 peppermint shrimp that were out of stock when I first tried. I have some red stuff growing in my fuge, which is possibly Cyano, but I'm not convinced of that yet. Kinda just watching how that goes.

Diatoms are in full bloom, as you can see from the pic, but hopefully they'll burn out soon.

My pagoda cup closed up day before yesterday some time, and hasn't reopened since. I've moved it off the sandbed, thinking it may have wanted higher flow, but it has yet to reextend the polyps. Has me a little concerned because it was open for a few days after it first went in the tank.

All of the other corals are looking really good. Zoas and the Acro are fully extended every day, the acans look good, and the trumpet and frogspawn are also extending themselves daily.

Back
Top Bottom