It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The interceptor will not harm the fish? What are the bugs and what did they travel into your tank on?

No interceptor is reef safe with a catch. You have to remove all hermits and shrimp from your system while treating the tank. I will have to treat my whole system, Neilan will be dipping his corals that are in my tank before adding them to his. I am 100% sure that the redbugs came from that particular LFS, specially since I had brought it to their attention more then once in the past.

Neilan, those are some awesome pick ups!!

Thanks.

I also went to F&F yesterday, got 2 branches of a pulsing finger leather and a small clam.

They hadn't opened up before lights out last night, so I'll get some pics if they're looking happy today.

Few more,

First - I forgot this one Saturday as well, Ray gave me these orange zoas too
IMG_2909.JPG

Here's the pulsing finger leather. I tried to get some video of the pulses, but it didn't turn out, I'll try again later.
IMG_2903.JPG

And, the new clam
IMG_2900.JPG

Also, I got this guy a few weeks ago, just never able to get a pic before. He's my little buddy
IMG_2902.JPG

Wow!!! Just saw this post. The stuff is looking good. Happy in their new home. I hope everything makes it. The xenia looked good too! You didn't cut that dead branch off the hammer yet before you invited company to meet the kids???

The torch seems to like a heavier (above medium) flow.

I'll be the proud papa watching my children I sent away grow up. :)

Last edited:
No, I thought about it, but wanted to see how it did first. Today it's fully inflated and looks really happy.

As for the torch, yeah, he's not looking too happy where I have him, so he'll need to move.

After a complete DOA shipment 2 weeks ago, here's some finally happy new additions.

This is a combined order, some of these are Sparky's.

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2941.JPG

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2944.JPG

IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

Few more,

First - I forgot this one Saturday as well, Ray gave me these orange zoas too
IMG_2909.JPG

Here's the pulsing finger leather. I tried to get some video of the pulses, but it didn't turn out, I'll try again later.
IMG_2903.JPG

And, the new clam
IMG_2900.JPG

Also, I got this guy a few weeks ago, just never able to get a pic before. He's my little buddy
IMG_2902.JPG

What is that brownish/red crap on the sand? I have been getting the same stuff lately. I don't know what type of algae it is, I increased my flow yesterday, hopefully that will help.

That was a mix of diatoms and a little cyano, common stuff for a new tank. It's pretty much gone as of a week or so ago, so that's good, sandbed looks much better.

Everything but the torch, unfortunately. He did well for a few days, then started to pull back. I tried different areas, high flow, medium flow, he just couldn't get happy. I assume it was because he was fragged and immediately moved, but unsure.

everything else, though, is looking great.

Yay, an update from Neilanh! I've been avidly following your reef build and was had just started wondering what had been happening recently. I love seeing all the new additions, any chance of a FTS soon?

lol

Tomorrow is tank cleaning day, once the glass is clean I'll get you an updated FTS. I was actually just thinking it was about time, been like a month or so and the tank looks quite different. I just hope I can get the camera to depict what it actually looks like.

Back
Top Bottom