It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As requested...

Glass is a little dirty, esp at the bottom, don't mind that...

FTS%20090322.JPG

Thanks!

Your tank is so gorgeous. I am super jealous. Keep up the great work.

:)

What color blue did you use for the background? It looks a little darker than the "peek-a-boo" but maybe it's just the lighting.

Your Monti cap has some fast growth on there.... and your Frogspawn.... Especially just adding 2 months ago. What Salt Mix are you using and what is your lighting arrangement look like?

To be fair, that large orange monti just went in my tank. Ziggy's been holding that one until this past weekend, so it's a newbie in my tank.

I use reef crystals, do a 25-30% water change per week, no other additives.

As for lighting, lol I can't remember, I'll look at the timers when I get home and post. 2x175W Reeflux 12000K MHs, 1x54W Pure Actinic and 1x54W Super Actinic, both geissman bulbs on the T5s.

Thanks!

Your tank is so gorgeous. I am super jealous. Keep up the great work.

:)

What color blue did you use for the background? It looks a little darker than the "peek-a-boo" but maybe it's just the lighting.

I'm the one that used peekaboo blue. Neilan went with a much darker blue. I don't remember what it was called maybe he still has the can.

Somebody ask him about his new sump and whether it is under the tank yet.....

I do still have the can, I'll snag it when I get home.

Sump? I have no new sump. All I have is an empty tank in the back of my truck.

The coralline is just starting to grow on the glass, so far its only been the front, however. I'm sure it's coming, though.

The paint is Rustoleum Painter's Touch Gloss "Deep Blue"

I'm the one that used peekaboo blue.

Ah, okay, I started reading both your threads at the same time and I got confused who had used what.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I personally like the dark blue color so I'm going to store away that name for that far off day in the future when I finally get a saltwater tank of my own.

That red planet is looking very nice!! I'm getting itchy for some of that! Your first acro, dang that is some growth! I'm impressed.

Did those zoas I cut for you open up? I meant to ask you and forgot.

Back
Top Bottom