It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can get you the part number, just need to open it up.

Few new acquisitions today from Fins & Feathers.

"Burning Smurf" Rhodactis
IMG_3115.JPG

Acro:
IMG_3117.JPG

Green People Eaters:
IMG_3118.JPG

cool new pieces. I decided I wanted to get some cool zoas/palys just recently too. I was going to get the purple people eater but decided on Candy Apple Reds and Devils Armor instead. I like your green people eaters, I will have to look into getting those too

Oh I love the green and purple eaters, they are just so pretty! Great pics neil! what camera do you use?

How do you place the frags where you want them. Ex.. Bare hands, Gloves Tweezers,. Also how do you keep them from getting knocked over from the crabs

I do typically wear gloves whenever Im handling frags. Some frags I epoxy into place, others I find crevices on the rocks to wedge them into to hold them, some just sit there and do occassionally get knocked over.

Alright, well.

This one was taken on a few weeks ago on 5/2. I didn't realize until a few days ago the camera was still on low resolution, next one will be better. And I forgot to turn off the lights in the tank on the adjacent wall, that's all the glare you see.
FTS%20090502.JPG

And, this is my new guy as of last Saturday.
IMG_3151.JPG

Next, I'm looking for a Neon Goby. Then, after that will likely be a Yellow Tang.

I'm quite pleased with the way the tank is turning out. As I go through this, I've found a hundred things I could've done differently/better, but for my first time in SW, I'm happy.

Your tank is gorgeous Neil! I am officially jealous.

I don't know why I tempt myself by reading all the SW forums even though I know it will still be a few years until I can set up my own tank.

Thanks guys, it's definately coming along.

Spilzer, be careful. That's how I got hooked. I had always intended to setup a reef once I bought my own house and knew I wouldn't be moving, etc. But, as I kept reading, you see what happens. I haven't bought a house yet, but do have the tank. It'll reach out there and grab you!

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

What wattage are your MH's? How many lbs of LR do you you? Nice tank BTW.

My lighting specifics are on an earlier page somewhere, but I run 2x175 MHs and 2x54W T5HO actinics.

The rock is 100 pounds of the Pohnpei LR from underwateroutlet.com.

I read over the previous pages but I must of missed it. Anyway nice looking tank.

Thanks.

The rack on the right hand side is holding stuff for Sparky. Everyone send him a PM (Sparky697) and remind him to get his stuff out of my tank please.

So water testing isn't my strong point. On my planted tanks, Ive gotten to where I can look at the plants and get a feel for how things are doing. I guess I thought I was already to that point with corals, but I now see I was wrong.

I tested yesterday. My alk has always been a little low, but just before PWC it was down at 7. Ca was down at 360 and my mag was down at 1140.

This all seems a little low to me. Sparky, despite my wishes, convinced me to order some two-part. I thought my corals were doing and growing well, but if those numbers are that low then I suppose theyre not doing as well as they could be, huh?

So my question. Kalkstirrers and/or Ca Reactors can help to automate this process. What about the magnesium? do they help maintain that too, or is the only way to do that via dosing?

Back
Top Bottom