It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, but no laughing

Attachments

• IMG_4767.jpg
    IMG_4767.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4768.jpg
    IMG_4768.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4769.jpg
    IMG_4769.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 97
Holy Cow what happen in there???...LOL.. Just kidding Neilan the growth rate on this is fantasic.... What are you dosng in there Steriods? Wow... Amazaing great job.... :)... (y)

I actually don't mind the macro much. It is kind of a nice looking macro and adds a good variation of color to the tank.

I dose 2 part, that's about it. The growth has been really good. If you look closely on the left, the orange monti is so big that I have to snap of pieces to clean the glass. Some of them fell and are just laying on the bottom of the tank.

The Xenia on the right I want to try to remove... same thing with those GSPs, they're attempting to take over my tank! I do like them though, so not sure if theres a way to control them or not.

The macro growing, halmeida I think it's called, is stubborn. It's tough to get it pulled cleanly off the rock so it keeps coming back. It keeps my fuge stocked quite well, however.

I'm just waiting for Ziggy to come help prune things out for me.

I dose 2 part, that's about it. The growth has been really good. If you look closely on the left, the orange monti is so big that I have to snap of pieces to clean the glass. Some of them fell and are just laying on the bottom of the tank.

The Xenia on the right I want to try to remove... same thing with those GSPs, they're attempting to take over my tank! I do like them though, so not sure if theres a way to control them or not.

The macro growing, halmeida I think it's called, is stubborn. It's tough to get it pulled cleanly off the rock so it keeps coming back. It keeps my fuge stocked quite well, however.

I'm just waiting for Ziggy to come help prune things out for me.

You are correct about the macro. Halmeida is one stubborn but interesting macro. It grows by sending out "runner roots" and pops up all over the place. It likes light and if you neglect the light a bit it will die back. Just watch out because it can foul a tank when it dies off. Removal is a bit of a pain but can be done.

GSP is easy to control, we can do some pruning there too. I'm going to NYC tomorrow for a couple of days then start work at the LFS on Tuesday afternoon. I will see about getting down to you next weekend if you are going to be around. I need to swing by Pat's again and get my saw.

Nice tank neilanh, nice the way they are grouped. and growth..

Thanks TC!

We'll have to play it by ear Allen. My wife is due in less than a week, so who knows what my next few weeks will look like.

Enjoy your NYC trip. not a fan of that place personally.

Thanks TC!

We'll have to play it by ear Allen. My wife is due in less than a week, so who knows what my next few weeks will look like.

Enjoy your NYC trip. not a fan of that place personally.

Never been so I'm looking forward to it.

Let me know when the big day comes!!! I'm in no rush so no worries there when ever we can get this figured out is fine with me.

Today turned out to be the big day.

Katelyn Faith was born at 7:39am this morning. Mom and baby doing great!

Attachments

• DSCN1118.jpg
    DSCN1118.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 83
Looks like prolarve. No fins yet though. Probably going to want to start with rotifiers for a first food.

J/k Congratulations. Happy to hear everything went well for mother and child.

Back
Top Bottom