It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone. We're tired, but doing well.

On to a question. My yellow tang, within the last few days, his fins are all torn up. Not sure what's causing it. He's always spent most of his time back inside the rockwork (all my fish do), and has on occasion had a tear before, but this looks pretty bad, maybe fin rot? What should I do?

I would check for a stray voltage first just to make sure nothing is shocking him causing it to crash into the rocks or stressing him out.

Agreed. Fin rot looks the same FW or SW so you should be able to tell if that's what it is. What other fish do you have in the tank? I can't remember.

No stray voltages, I've had those before from failed heaters.

Other fish are 2 o. clowns, an orange spot goby and a single green chromis. Also have a fire shrimp in there.

No signs of issues on any other fish, everyone seems happy, eating, etc. Colors all look good too.

As Ziggy stated, IDN...Just keep the water as clean as you can and monitor for other signs. Is there ant white areas around the ratty fins?

I know I am late, but Congrats! she is beautiful!.... I just read your entire thread. I to have a 72BF. It was nice to see how other people set theirs up. Your tank is very nice!

Back
Top Bottom