Iwaki 100 vs. Amp 3000?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrrrkva

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you guys like?? Did DOlphin aqua seas fix their "gasket" problem for 2004? They are advertising a new gasket. I was looking for 2000-3000 GPH and wanted a reliable and quiet pump. I have been an iwaki man, but if Dolphin has fixed their problem I may be willing to change. Let me know what you think?

I don't know about the Dolphins. They make good equipment and I can't imagine them having a problem and not taking care of it. Iwaki is also excellent, but I'd probably go with a Blueline instead. They are very similar and the Blueline 100HD is a good bit less expensive. Another option you might consider is a Sweetwater SHE pump. These pumps have ceramic seals, are SW safe, and are advertised as "bulletproof". I'm assuming this is a reference to their high quality and not their ability to deflect high speed lead projectiles 8O . The SHE 1.7 is rated 2000gph @5' with a max head of 17' and is 120v. The 2.4 is available in 120v or 220v, has a max head of 20.5', and is rated 3000gph @5'. Pricing is competitive with the Iwaki 100. If you would like exact prices on these, PM me and I'll get them for you.

Back
Top Bottom