Japanese swallowtip angel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
Picked up a Japanese swallowtip angel today at my local. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this fish. As this will be my first angel. Liveaquaria calls it a spotbreast angelfish. Looking for first hand info on feeding and compatibility. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-2904510651.jpg
    image-2904510651.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 116
i have one, great little fish. I feed it mysis shrimp and seaweed on a clip, it loves seaweed. Totally reef safe so far, never nipped a coral or invert at all. Because of it being a different type of angle you can keep it with another, I have a coral beauty in my tank too and they get along fine.

Awesome that's good to hear. I tried feeding her formula 2 a few hours after I put her into the tank. She seemed interested but wasn't confident enough to go out and actually eat. I am assuming this is somewhat normal. And i am begin overly concerned. I will try mysis tomorrow how often did you feed?

Mysis daily and seaweed clip every second day. Mine took a couple of days to really start eating too...

Back
Top Bottom