Jawfish and other bottom dweller compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two yellow headed jawfish (awesome little guys), and I understand they can be especially nervous fish (how could ya not with those huge eyes!).
Unfortunatly, they do a bit of covering up of detrious and food scraps before the hermits and snails can effectivly get to it sometimes. I was thinking of adding more bottom sifters.
I understand that brittle stars and other bottom dweller fish are out, due to either being fish eaters or terrotorial with the jawfish.
But I was hoping that more hermits and snails as well as a few nudibranches would be ok.
The nudibranches (lettuce leaf type?) would be an interesting addition and would fulfill what I want, but I was hoping they wouldn't irritate the jawfish too much.

Do things like nudies and cukes tend to shy away from bottom living fish?

TIA

FYI, i have a shrimp gobie in with my jawfish no issues... especially after the jawfish has an established hole

:)

I research everything before I buy anything.. just notions when I ask for advice..
My specific question was more about how the jawfish would react to things wandering the substrate.

Thx for the input Mykpoz, I was afraid of upsetting my little yellow headed builders(and they sure are doozers for sure!)

Back
Top Bottom