Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

JBJ Unibody LED light

Is anyone using this light?
JBJ Unibody Dimmable 54 Watt 6500K-20000K LED Fixture

1. Can it support sps and anemones?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I was thinking about those as well. The main issue that I have is that I have limited clearance space above my tank. There's a bookshelf about 5 inches above my aquarium so I cant hang it.
1. I saw in the vids that you posted that of the sols were mounted on an arm. Do you know if these arms come with light unit or were they sold separately? And where would I buy them.
2. Also, I don't know if there would be enough clearance for the sol fan to circulate air. How high do you have your mounted above your tank?
3. I think with the jbj unibody, it comes with a gooseneck clamp so I bend it down.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirp
I was thinking about those as well. The main issue that I have is that I have limited clearance space above my tank. There's a bookshelf about 5 inches above my aquarium so I cant hang it.
1. I saw in the vids that you posted that of the sols were mounted on an arm. Do you know if these arms come with light unit or were they sold separately? And where would I buy them.
2. Also, I don't know if there would be enough clearance for the sol fan to circulate air. How high do you have your mounted above your tank?
3. I think with the jbj unibody, it comes with a gooseneck clamp so I bend it down.
I don't have the light ONLY because I had a second light for from the company that makes my tank because they sent 2 damaged tanks. So the last damaged one they said just keep it. So I put both lights on my tank. Otherwise I was going with the AI.

Yes the jbj has a goose neck mount so yes you move it/ bend it whatever you wanna do.

The mounting bracket does come with the light. I don't know about true clearance for the fixtures fan.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbj, led, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com