Jbj vs biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yah I've read the jbj's are better quality as well, I've read about lots of biocubes leaking after purchase, the company replaces them but still such a hassle to tear down a tank. I have the jbj and am very pleased with it, I can't really compare it to a biocube since I've never owned one, I only know what I've read haha.

Check to be sure everything is in working order. I paid 210 new, but if it's all in good condition a 125 used is fine. Make sure it holds water and filter/lights work. If not, ask for a discount. If the hood doesn't work it wouldn't be worth the money.

sweet now i can't wait! i hope i cant trade something else or some kind of payment plan because i really want this bad boy

A tank that will need an added powerhead and replacement media, like the fluval c4 carbon and some GFO.

You can use the surface skimmer but I don't. Put the heater in the front of the tank on the left or right side and cut a hole in the hood so that it can come out. Be sure to have a power strip to handle all the plugs.

Sarcothelia said:
A tank that will need an added powerhead and replacement media, like the fluval c4 carbon and some GFO.

You can use the surface skimmer but I don't. Put the heater in the front of the tank on the left or right side and cut a hole in the hood so that it can come out. Be sure to have a power strip to handle all the plugs.

whys it need the ph? also whats a gfo it dosnt come with an heater? and whats the filter like

The tank doesn't have room in the back compartment for the heater?? I have the 28 gallon but it has tons of room in the back for a heater, mine also comes with two powerheads does the 24 gallon not?

Filter is just an overflow sort of thing. It pours into the back compartment and flows through whatever media you have before it is pumped out by the pump it comes with. And it needs a ph because the output from just the return pump isn't enough to keep the water moving in the entire tank.

It doesn't come with a heater from retailers, you should see if he is including it. And GFO is granular ferric oxide, removes phosphates, keeps algae in check.

Oh Kelsey, the 24 doesn't come with powerheads, just the return pump. And I suppose you can put the heater in the back, but I have mine packed with media lol.

ok im not sure if il need gfo but thank you. should i make this tank a reef i dont have much cash for the cost of start up but i suppose i could make it work

You can keep zoas and shrooms pretty easily and for little money. Just keep parameters good, they do fine under compact fluorescent lighting.

Back
Top Bottom