Jebao Wp 10???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dereks16

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's ordered this for my 75 gallon fish only. Something tells me I should have a wave maker. Can't afford the mp10 at the moment so fugured id try this out. For the price difference it can't hurt. Anybody have this or know anything about it? Comes in by tue and just want feel I didn't make an impulse buy.

I have korralias but have heard very good things about the Jebaos. And plan on getting some myself

Exactly what I have now. I'm just hoping to get some back and forth flow to clear some dead spots and mix it up a little as far as flow goes.

I will have to admit my korralias don't get the "crap" off the bottom. I'm still struggling with pockets of detritus no matter which way I point them.

It's a fine balance between the two positions. I constantly move them because I will always have one small area the sand won't clear. Hope the wp10 tales care of it. Any one who has one I would love to hear from. Curious of the position they set them up. Or if two would be needed.

I use one WP40 in my 75 with two Korallia 1050s. If I had the chance to do it again, I'd go with two WP25s. The Jeboas don't seem to create as much of an undertow as the Ecotech in my observation, but they create lots of flow, and the price difference is too large to be ignored IMO.

I actually just realized I calls this a wp10. I actually ordered the 25. I was comparing to them to the mp10. And mixed it up. So we will see it comes today. Only thing I worry about is the level if the water. I don't want to bring it down but I have to or it will spill over.

Auto correct is wonderful-
Question though. The koralia a with the wp25. Is that a problem? Are they going to mess with the motion of the wp25?

If you position the pump about halfway down the side of the tank, I think you'll be fine. That's where my WP40 is.

Auto correct is wonderful-
Question though. The koralia a with the wp25. Is that a problem? Are they going to mess with the motion of the wp25?

You may not notice as much of a wave motion with another pump in the mix, but the motion is still there. I run mine on "else" (random) mode with my other pumps. The only dead spots I have are right in the corners.

Well I have 1 evo 1400 dedicated to the back wall clearing behind the rock. The other one I will just mess with. I know what I'm doing doing tonight. Just have to try not to ignore my kids much.

One WP -10 is nice but mabye not just one for a 75, IMO you should have got 2 25's or one 40, you may have to use other powerheads as well. Although since its a fish only you may not have to, but i doubt you get a wave with just one on that tank.

Hmm I def saw video of a 25 creating waves but maybe not while evils are going too. I will be setting it up tonight. If I can figure it out I post a video or maybe a still shot of a wave in action. If it works.

I didnt read fully, yes a 25 will be fine, the 10 for a 75 wouldnt

You hit on having two 25s though. This from experience? Running two opposite each other? I'm thinking that possibly could be like two waves crashing against each other. No?

You hit on having two 25s though. This from experience? Running two opposite each other? I'm thinking that possibly could be like two waves crashing against each other. No?

Yes, unless you rigged them to a controller to run opposite each other. I couldn't care less about the look of a standing wave myself. I think two WP40s would be too much, but I would get even more random flow if I used two wp25s.

Right It looks great but unless it's carrying surface scum to the overflow it's useless. I just want the back and forth flow from it myself. I will have to look into getting another. And maybe take out the 2 evos. I don't want 10 power heads going. Looks ridiculous.

Well installed the wp25. My first impression was its a good size. It's powerful. Customizable. Not sure how to compare a I do not have an mo10 or any other wave maker but I definitely would recommend. And the price is very doable for anyone in the hobby who wants to get the random flow ms as natural as you can.... In a four foot box.

image-2586558435.jpg

Tennis ball size I would say

image-1764090066.jpg

You can see it next to the koralia evo 1050. Smaller

image-1398618982.jpg

Controller is fine for what I know of controllers

image-4167771331.jpg

Just so you don't think I have nothing in my tank. This is the right side.

image-1738768783.jpg

Do need to finish off the rock work on the left.

Back
Top Bottom