Jebao WP-40 wave maker powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought two of them. Haven't set my tank up yet but at first glance they are a bulky power head. Not very sleek.

They are supposed to be the best value for your buck. They do a lot of what a Vortech can do for less then half the price.

How big of a tank. I have a 150 that's 1/2 thick glass. One of my hydors won't even stay on the glass. The magnet is my main concern

I have a 75. I don't need both but Imma use one as a wave maker and the other to get the dead spots. The magnets hold strong on my tank as well.

I have a wp25 and was testing it on my 55g cichlid tank. These powerheads are very very powerful so I doubt you will need more than 1 wp40 for a 90g tank. If you want to see exactly how powerful I made a video showing the different modes of my wp25.

Wp25 modes - YouTube

The 90s are a 4ft long tank as well so I assume the wp40 would have a bit more power in how much movement it gives the entire tank.

Ahh sorry got my threads mixed up :) 2 might be a good plan for a tank that size.

You certainly can. However instead of using the second wp40 have you thought about investing in multiple smaller powerheads to specifically take care of dead spots?

The magnets in the smaller ones are not strong enough. I have a hydror 850 and it won't stay on the glass. That's the main reason I'm upgrading power heads. My sun sun 1600 cord is to short so it's gotta go also

I am looking into a wp25 for the second ph in my 90 reef. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have some experience with these.
1) will it stay on my 3/8" thick glass?
2) are they built well?
3) would you recommend it over a hodor koralia evo? I believe the price difference is $15-25, is it worth it?

I am looking into a wp25 for the second ph in my 90 reef. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have some experience with these.
1) will it stay on my 3/8" thick glass?
2) are they built well?
3) would you recommend it over a hodor koralia evo? I believe the price difference is $15-25, is it worth it?

1 - I'm sure it will be just fine on your thick glass. It's a very strong magnet.
2 & 3 - If you are looking for a wave maker then the price of the hydor wavemaker unit is about the same price as the WP - 25 so it's a very cost efficient alternative. However if you are just looking for a standard powerhead then the Hydor koralia is without a doubt the way to go.

I put two wp40s in my 210 thinking I'd need both to make a good wave and found that one 40 will almost send waves over the rim on the high setting so I used the other on else mode to just cycle through random patterns and flow rates to keep the water under the surface at a random flow pattern.

Back
Top Bottom