jebao wp25 and ato???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i just got the jebao wp25 and using wave motion on it as else mode is too much for my 55 gallon. But anyways I do not have a sump with the constant wave motion it keeps turning my ato on and off. Is there anyway i can fix this? or am i kind screwed and back to manual ato?

I was thinking of possibly getting another timer and just running my ato at night when pump goes into night mode and doesn't create the wave motion

Yep I did lol still wanted to post to see if any ideas lol...but I am saving up for a reef keeper so just set a reminder on my phone to plug in when lights go out and unplug when turn on and it refills over night

Might screw up the performance of your skimmer tho. Unless you don't have a skimmer. Then it doesn't matter too much.

Don't use a reminder, your better off with setting a timer up just like you likely have running your lights. They are like $6 and you can even get them at Walmart. Way more reliable that way, if your reminder goes off when your at the pub or something it doesn't do you much good and will likely be forgotten by the time you get home.

i could be wrong but there should be a trigger lapse that you can adjust on the ATO so that itll only turn on after the correct float valve is activated for several seconds. i amy be confusing this feature with a controller

I check my tank every night before i go to bed and if i forget a night ill be ok for now another timer will take up much need plug space and ill be getting at reef keeper elite by mid march once that tax return gets deposited lol. I know i can plug in two float valves into the jbj but i believe it'll still bob up and down because the jebao puts out some serious power...i think the final solution besides just turning it on at night will to be finally get the sump ive been planning for two years lol

Might screw up the performance of your skimmer tho. Unless you don't have a skimmer. Then it doesn't matter too much.

Yes i have a skimmer, a reef octopus bh-1000. how would this mess up my skimmer? i dont lose that much water through out the day prob 4 gallons/week if your talking about water level it doesnt even get close enough for the skimmer to lose water?

Some skimmers are very sensitive to water level changes. I used to have a vertex in 280 and a quarter inch of water height would screw it all up. So if your ato isn't working during the day it might affect skimmer performance.

I am assuming the skimmer is a hang on in which case I can't really see that big of an issue if the water level drops 1/4-1/2" as it's a pump that sends it into the skimmer. On an in sump model I can see it being an issue however.

The only issue I can see with it would be if you have an overflow box feeding the skimmer. If the water level drops then the skimmer pump could run low on water. If you don't have an overflow box and it's just the pump in the tank then I don't see any issue with it.

No over flow box but the pump for the skimmer is outside of tank

Yea it's how it's built it has like a lil overflow PVC tube but it's like 5 inches under water

I'm not worried about the skimmer not working properly though just don't want to go back to manual top offs lol...but plugging it in at night has been working

I highly recommend a sump in the future. I started with a 55g running a hob skimmer (aqua c remora) and canister filter. I upgraded to a 90g and turned the 55 into a sump and it's so much nicer. No heaters and hoses in the tank, skimmer is out of view. Only thing you see now is the powerheads, I have vortechs so you don't even see the cords.

Yea definitely want a sump just ordered a reef keeper elite so next thing is saving money up for overflow box, sump, piping, and a in sump skimmer I want a reef octopus I really like the brand so the one I'm looking at is like $400 I think so it's just a expensive switch but it'll happen before the end of year lol...I'm moving in June so gonna try to do it during the move

Back
Top Bottom