Jebo/Odyssea lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my sub-$100 4x65w setup this week, and have to say I'm satisfied so far. The housing is solid, a nice powder-coated black, and the actinic lights included are true actinics (white housing, not painted blue).

The only issue I have are that the mounting legs are a little lame looking, and not really sturdy, but strong enough to hold the lights stable. Also, one of the cooling fans are noisy - I've heard of this before, and have already checked my stock of PC (computer, not the light) cooling fans for a replacement - it looks easy enough to get the housing off the end.

Heat-wise, I've had no problems. Removing the hood which covered 90% of the top has actually caused my temp to drop - I saw the heater come on last night for the first time in months. I may still look for a glass canopy, but I think the heat still won't be an issue as much anymore, compared to having my old flourescent hood sitting right on top of the original canopy.

I'm going to build some mounting legs for that original flourescent hood, and get some glass or plexi to seal it up a bit. Its only 64w, but it adds a nice "balance" to the appearance of the tank. The Jebo left the tank looking a little blue-ish.

The Jebo, with my 64w hood, gets me up to around 320w, or around 4.3wpg. A second Jebo instead of my 64w hood would get me up to almost 7wpg, enough to handle about anything, lighting-wise.

So far, thumbs-up. If it holds up I may order a second one.

I have been using an Odyssea MH/CF fixture trouble free for over 9 months now. For the price, I think it is doing a good job.

great to hear...i just ordered an odyssea on the big auction site, 540 watts for $360 shipped and it should be here on tues because its shiped location is close. 2 175MH and 2 95 PCs

and its 48" that will sit on my 60"

The only issue I have are that the mounting legs are a little lame looking, and not really sturdy, but strong enough to hold the lights stable.

this worries me???

Well, my comment was for the PC fixture - I'd think the MH fixture would need/come with stronger mounting legs.

The vibrating noise coming from the cooling fans is getting annoying, but I can buy a whole case of fans for what I saved on this light ;)

I agree totally. The 48" PC is a dandy little setup. I just bought it as a "get-me-by" until I drop the real coin on a TEK T-5 setup. I was thinking I was going to want the T-5s sooner rather than later, but now Ive changed my stance on that. Im impressed enough with the Odyessa that Ill commit to more rock and corals rather than lighting for now.

I'm still planning someday (after another 30 pounds of LR) on getting a second 48" PC from Jebo. For about $200, I can have 8x65W, or 520w total (that's about 7wpg on my 75g tank) and 8 blue moon LED's. I'm only out a couple hundred if I should scrap it all and move up to MH someday.

So quality might be hit and miss, but where else can you achieve 7wpg on a 75g tank for $200?

Plus having one in front and one in back will better disperse the two types of light through the front and back. I'm finding now that there are "shadows" where the actinic doesn't reach - it looks reddish in those places where the 10K or 12K lighting is hitting it. Two sets should really light up the tank.

Back
Top Bottom