Jebo or Aqualight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkchaser

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need some serious upgrading of my lighting. I currently only have a 40 watt 10K no light. I'm not really planning on keeping any corals in the near future (at least a year). So I'm thinking that a light system between 200-300 watts will work great on my 55 gallon. Right now I'm trying to decided between the Aqualight 4 x 65 watts for $175 or the Jebo 4 x 55 watts for $79 Both have 2 10k bulbs and 2 antinic bulbs. Does anyone have any thoughts as to which one I should get. Please give any feed back that you can about these two, I don't want to spend $400 on a MH system, so I really want to decided between these two.
THanks

Right now I'm trying to decided between the Aqualight 4 x 65 watts for $175 or the Jebo 4 x 55 watts for $79 Both have 2 10k bulbs and 2 antinic bulbs.

Is that a typo? For a savings of 100 bucks, I'd go with the 55 watters. Either will allow for a MH upgrade, if you decide to go that route in the future.

No its not a typo, They are always on E-bay for $79, or you can oder them from a place in Cal, for $99. I agree $100 is a big Differace. But I havent actually seen them, That s why I'm here. I don't want to waste money if it is junk.

I have been using a JEBO 4x55 PC unit I got off ebay for about 6 months. Has worked great. I have the 48" light on my 75 gal and we have even started adding some of the easier corals.

The unit has not had any problems. I will say that since it does not have any fans, it does generate a little heat. I could not use it with a glass top. I raised it up about 4" with a canopy and it does great. The other thing that I don't like is the unit has 2 switches but only one plug. You cannot set the actnic and the daylight bulbs on a separate timer.

I had actually considered getting another since my light is a bit weak for a lot of corals but 2 of those on my tank might be much.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom