Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

jebo skimmer

Hey All,

I asked about a month ago, if anyone had ever heard of a JEBO skimmer. To my surprise, noone in this forum or 2 other forums have.

I found a new one at a great price and figured it would be just as bad as the Visi-jet that I threw in the trash. This one had a guarantee, so I took a shot.

WOW!!! What a shock. It works great!!!! It is supposed to take a few days to adjust and then start pulling the junk outa my tank. The first day It was working. I thought I kept my water pretty clean with regular water changes and no additives etc.... I am emptying a cup of green smelly goop everyday now.

It is a JEBO 180. Venturi style hang-on. It is good for up to 100g, and came with the pump. All for 50.00 brand new. It pumps 175gph and creates an incredible amount of tiny bubbles. And, it is quiet!!

Just tought I would let you all know so if you see one, you will know that it works good. It took a little revamping to suit my system just right, but from what I have read, it seems to be the norm for most skimmers.

Have a good whatever.

Howard

Old 09-22-2003, 10:43 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Cool!! Great to know that there is a good inexpensive oeice of equip out there!!

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 01:31 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Great! Where did you get it? Sounds like something I'd like to try too.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:51 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I found it on EBay. Just in the right place at the right time. I tried to find info on the web before I bought it, but couldn find anything about it. I believe it is Australian, but that is not concrete.

Howard

Tags
jebo, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com