Jellyfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fullmoonnight

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've wanted a pet jellyfish for a few years now but I always thought it wasn't possible in Canada. Recently, I found out that it is possible to keep them but couldn't find where to get them locally or at least without breaking my bank account. Last week I ventured to a nearby Fish store and thought I would check out their fishes. Lo' and behold they had a jellyfish! Only $40! I didn't get it though mainly because it was so sickly looking. No tentacles and it was just pulsating against the sand bed. I asked one of the employees there if they were getting any more and she said "No. Just that one". Immediately I knew she was just trying to get rid of the thing by getting me to buy it. :ermm:
When I went to the front counter to pay for my bloodworms I asked the guy there and he said they'll get more in two weeks.

The thing is I've never seen a jellyfish like this before so I don't know if it's safe to keep. It looks like a cross between a Pacific Sea nettle and a Japanese Sea nettle and a moon jellyfish. I think it might be a Aurelia coerulea?

Did it look like this?

Attachments

• image-695783571.jpg
    image-695783571.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom