Jellys!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, I have never done a saltwater tank and was thinking of a jellyfish aquarium kit. My question is how hard are they to maintain and start up also is food for them costly or hard to fine

I dont have any direct knowledge on them but I know its difficult. They are cold water fish so you need a water cooler for them. You cant have decorations because sharp things will kill them. They are highly sensitive and require a bit of water movement to keep them going. Im not certain on food or if there is a strict diet but they eat basically fish

I heard that they are extremely picky when it comes to water parameters. I think I read somewhere that a jellyfish breeder won't even sell you one unless they first know u have an established aquarium with plenty of knowledge on care for them. They would be awesome to have tho!

No. They need alot of room. They have to be pushed around or they will bump into the side and possibly die

I heard they eat brine shrimp but i don't know anything about them just what I have been told. The water parameters is what I was worried about. I heard keeping saltwater's levels good is hard and a lot of work.

Yes its a job. And for a jelly its a 24/7 job. IMO its not worth it. It will be too time consuming and can get highly costly. Daily water changes may be a must

Yeah it sounds like the view of them doesn't compare to the work with them.

But in all honesty, its what you want. If your up for it go for it. Try a saltwater tank before getting a jelly. You may think its too hard. You might not.

Back
Top Bottom