Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Joes juice

I have many aptasia and was told to try to use Joes Juice to get rid of them. I used the Joes juice and it did get rid of some of the aptasia. However, when I woke up this morning my yellow tang had died. The other fish in the tank seems to be panting. The instructions on the joes juice didn't say anything about lowering the O2 level so I only performed a 25% water change. What does anybody know about my problem.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
steve-s

How much did you use and did you shut off all water flow during use? How is the pH (before/after)?

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-20-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Steve I used 3 cc's of the Joes Juice. I turned off my powerhead filters for 8 hours and turned off my filter for 4 hours. The Ph has been constant all week at 8.0 all of the other tests that I have ran this week have been within the normal range for my tank. I lost my blue damsel since I posted my message this afternoon. What is going on with my tank?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcar
I turned off my powerhead filters for 8 hours and turned off my filter for 4 hours.
I would suspect this moreso than a direct cause from the use of Joe's Juice. You only need turn off the water flow apparatus while the "juice" is being applied. It definately does not need to remain off afterwards.

Quote:
The Ph has been constant all week at 8.0 all of the other tests that I have ran this week have been within the normal range for my tank. I lost my blue damsel since I posted my message this afternoon. What is going on with my tank?
The pH may have tested correctly then but my question was immediately after the first sign of a problem. With a pH of 8.0, it's quite possible the lack of flow for 8 hours caused a problem. O2 level would have definately been affected bioload depending.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com