Joes Juice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only one small aptasia that I want to eradicate. It is on the bottom of the tank and well away from the BTA in terms of water flow... If I turn off the pumps, and use just a little Juice - do you think that would be okay? - Or do I need to isolate the BTA or maybe try getting the apatasia by hand?

When I use JJ in my tank I turn off ALL flow then dose the nasty and wait a while before turning the pumps back on...if I have to use a lot of JJ after aboout 15 minutes I siphon out the residue and nasty before turning the pumps back on.

Once when I was trying to apply JJ to an Aptasia, my cleaner shrimp snuck up behind my hand and jumped on my had, I wasn't expecting it, so I jumped and globbed a bunch of JJ on the aptasia, and rock work.

I never turn off my pumps. I didn't have any problems with my corals.

I think you'd really only have problems if you injected it right ontop of the corals. But It never hurts to be safe.

-TheChad

I have never had an issue either. I try not so put too much in the water column but some will get in there. Most think that JJ is kalk slurry anyway ;)

I think I have the confidence to do what I need to do now. The BTA is brand new in my tank and I am not used to him so it just makes me nervous. Thanks for the input

I aquired aptasia from a LFS and have used JJ to get rid of them absolutely NO harm.

If you have one aptasia you have more you haven't seen yet, they propegate rapidly so get to them as fast as one can see them.

Joe make good Juice ...

I just wanted to hop back in this one really quick to clarify my point. JJ is easy to use and works very well...my point was that you want to use it on the aptasia and not get it all over everything else. I have had no ill effects from using it either, but you don't want to be flippant when using it.

That's all....

Happy Reefing!!

Joe does make good Juice!!!!

Back
Top Bottom