Joes Juice is the Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catchndolphn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Joes Juice is awesome at removing atipsia from rock. i just tried it, worked in seconds w/ no harm from tank.

This is what I use. It says 0.9% sodium chloride injection. I dont use a needle. Just put a glob in it`s mouth and it will disentegrate right in front of you. Works pretty good

Attachments

• 100_0483_160.jpg
    100_0483_160.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 30
melosu58 said:
This is what I use. It says 0.9% sodium chloride injection. I dont use a needle. Just put a glob in it`s mouth and it will disentegrate right in front of you. Works pretty good

Can you take a video of that? I'd love to see it in action!

I used concentrated lemon/lime juice from the refridgerator. Injected it with a thin needle that a friend gave me. The stuff worked great but tiny new aptasia sprouted up every so often. I bought a peppermint shrimp and haven't seen an aptasia since.

using kalkwasser mixed with some water from the tank so its a thick paste works great too. just use a syringe with no needle and put a small amt. on the atipsia's mouth area and it closes around it. you can see it working, it makes them look like they turn inside out. (but dont use too much if you have a tank full since its a calcium supp.)

flanque said:
Can you take a video of that? I'd love to see it in action!

I actually wish I had a few more Aiptasia in my tank right now just for that reason.

I found 3 of them as hitchhikers on a large star polyp covered shell I recently bought.
Luckily the wife had some tiny syringes left over from when our cockatiel was sick and needed injections.
I didn't have any Joe's Juice, but I thought I remembered someone mentioning PH buffer before so I loaded up the syringe and injected all three of them with a squirt of PH buffer.
I figured what the heck, it couldn't hurt anything, right?
They actually turned to slime and melted away right before my eyes.
I was totally amazed. :shocked!:

Next time I find one I will definitely video it and post it.

Back
Top Bottom