JOM20's 38g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kristen, make sure that the hammer is secure and does not wobble around in the sand. They like a little more light so I would slowly move it up into your LR to about mid position in your tank. Nice Frags, tank is coming along really well. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Will do, thincat. :)

I made a little frag rack today, mostly for my Zoa frags. I have my Acan on there as well, since it is small. Think it will be ok on there? I had the frag on the sand and the rack is about midway up the glass, so I figure it will get more light that way.

Thanks!

Will do, thincat. :)

I made a little frag rack today, mostly for my Zoa frags. I have my Acan on there as well, since it is small. Think it will be ok on there? I had the frag on the sand and the rack is about midway up the glass, so I figure it will get more light that way.
That would do nicely. ;)

Moved the Hammer back to the rock. :)

And snapped some pics of some of my corals:
3920821339_9523721f9b.jpg

3920819357_c7a03b42a1.jpg

3921606488_e73d68d7e5.jpg

3921614802_848c8bbcbc.jpg

Hammer

3920820587_e87eabf9f7.jpg

Acan...can't get a good pic of it

Might get some new corals tomorrow. I'm going to the lfs to see what they have. :)

Np. If I can't have a reef for myself rite now I might as well enjoy someone else's lol. Btw are planning to stock with any more fish?

Can i get a FTS picture please? I am curious were you put the frag rack. Good job by the way, i cans see that the Acan is happy, it has its little tentacles out.

I will get one for ya tomorrow, Etunes. :)

Aq1, I am planning one more fish. I will add a Blue Flasher Wrasse and a Midas Blenny eventually. Gonna wait a month or so to add those. And I might get another goby. Depends on what my lfs has. I will get a Cleaner Shrimp eventually too. I love those.

Thanks, Aq1. I'll go fix that now.

Keith, I used superglue to glue the eggcrate to an algae magnet I had. Let it dry overnight just in case and then put it in the tank the next day. The piece of eggcrate I used is a little big (its leaning forward a bit), but it works and nothing falls off...haha.

FTS from my P&S:

3924226256_d368794ecd_b.jpg

3924225716_506c013420.jpg

I'll get a better FTS later with my D80. That atleast shows you the frag rack.

I wanted it on the side so it wouldn't get in the way of my view. :) But I can still take pics of almost everything on it from the side of the tank.

I went to the lfs but didn't buy anything for this tank. They got new stuff in and were acclimating it while I was there. They didn't really have much to choose from that wasn't acclimating, so I'll have to go back another day. I've found alot that I like online, so I may end up ordering some frags soon.

In the second shot it looks like you have a green star poylp growing with your Zoa.

Last edited:
Kristen, if you would superglue a piece of eggcrate at a 90 degree angel to your present eggcrate your frag stand would not lean over.

Back
Top Bottom