JOM20's 38g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the second shot it looks like you have a green star poylp growing with your Zoa.

The second full tank shot or the second shot of my frags (2 pages before this)?

thincat said:
Kristen, if you would superglue a piece of eggcrate at a 90 degree angel to your present eggcrate your frag stand would not lean over.
You mean like under that piece of eggcrate? And towards the magnet or the other end?

Second frag shot.
I guess it would be 90 degree center and you would have to cut around the magnet so that the eggcrate would get some of it's support from the back glass.

Holy cow, i love the color. Really makes me want to do SW. Really beautiful. Great Job.

Hey! I super glued it to one of those magnet algae cleaners (this one is like an off brand mag-float thing).

So, I have bad news in my reef world. :( I have dinoflagellates aka snot algae. I'm sucking it out daily, doing 20-25% water changes weekly. I bought a phosphate reactor and some GFO that came in the mail today. I have put carbon in the filter compartment of my skimmer. If all this doesn't work, another possible solution is kalk drip to keep the pH up. I have bought some kalkwasser and am considering this. :( Sadness in the reef!

Last edited:
Pics!

3948643749_dae26992db_b.jpg

3949428218_fde90b1425.jpg

3948646703_183fc2e35c.jpg

3948649735_69aef4210e.jpg

3948651185_9419b22292.jpg

3949429906_b31dc0c96b.jpg

Those are nassa snails!!!! The ones i dread!!! The heck with all of them nassarius demons!!!

But yeah, those are nassarius snails. They burrow in the sand and come out for food. It's pretty cool watching them, because they burst out of the sandbed at some pretty amazing speeds lol. And for snails.. they aren't that slow at all.

JOM, couple questions. When you observe your snails, do they leave a slime trail wherever they go? Or even a little bit of slime? Also, have you ever seen any of them climbing on your rockwork, or have they just been sticking to the sandbed?

Also, how did you glue those coral to your rockwork? What did you use?

Lookin great!

ZerO---I have 6 of these snails. They dont leave a slime trail in my tank. Also, mine are rarely on the rocks. They are mostly in the sand, but if there is a piece of food on the rocks or something they crawl up on the rocks.

Again kristin...lookin great!!!

Awesome as always. So if i start i tank are you gonna frag those zoas for me?

Thanks!

JOM, couple questions. When you observe your snails, do they leave a slime trail wherever they go? Or even a little bit of slime? Also, have you ever seen any of them climbing on your rockwork, or have they just been sticking to the sandbed?

Also, how did you glue those coral to your rockwork? What did you use?

Yeah, mine sometimes leave slime trails...I especially notice them on the glass. Mine do climb on the rockwork sometimes and on the glass.

I didn't glue any coral to the rocks yet. They are all on their own rocks, just sitting on mine. The Hammer has a pointed base, so its stuck in a hole in a rock. :rolleyes:

Etunes said:
Awesome as always. So if i start i tank are you gonna frag those zoas for me?
I might. :D If I have the guts to frag by then and if someone else who has dibs has already received theirs. :D

Hence.. i hate nassa snails. :D Compared to all the other snails.. they are pigs.

Back
Top Bottom