JOM20's 38g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some nass but my peppermint shrimp killed most of them LOL, gonna get more later.
and btw nice tank ^^

Only news to report is the loss of one of my clowns. It went missing....I looked all around the tank and all in it, even at night (in case it was hiding). It has not shown up so I am assuming it dead. I never saw a body, but I know the snails could have taken care of that overnight.

I still see my Goby periodically in his little dens. He rarely comes out in the open now, but I get excited when I see him under the rocks....so I know he's alive. :D

I'm gonna go to the lfs tomorrow and browse their corals. I may get a cleaner shrimp as well. Pics to come!

Still battling Dinos and hair algae. I got a phosphate reactor but I haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting on a powerhead I ordered, which should arrive today.

I ordered a Maxi-jet 600 for the reactor. I've got it, but still haven't installed the reactor. :)

FTS from 9/30:
3970596542_b84e5a6bc5_b.jpg

I was acclimating this guy:
3969834423_f3b4c0dd71.jpg

my new Cleaner Shrimp :) I love him!

3969862095_f9a37e7a2e.jpg

Hammer

3970636906_254fcd5933.jpg

Red Zoas

3970649124_88179fec1e.jpg

Evil Mel Zoas

No new corals. I want to order some Zoas soon though. I'm addicted to them!

I love the red zon!!!
sry for your clown, my first clown died as well, I found it in my overflow box last week. ToT

oh why do you put your corals on the eggcrate not on the rocks??

I don't like the look of rubberbands around my plugs/rocks. :rolleyes:

And I doubt superglue will hold them to the rocks good enough that I won't knock them off when I'm vigorously cleaning the hair algae off my rocks.

I do what I wish! :D

And I'm a she. :)

I don't like the look of rubberbands around my plugs/rocks. :rolleyes:

And I doubt superglue will hold them to the rocks good enough that I won't knock them off when I'm vigorously cleaning the hair algae off my rocks.

I do what I wish! :D

And I'm a she. :)

hehe
I don't like the rubberbands neither, but the glue that I use hold them pretty good in my LR.
I don't have plugs, I bought small piece that cut out from a big rock.
and I will find a LR that have a hole or place that fit my coral rock and glue in on.

anyway ^^ your tank still looks lovely

I need some better glue. :)

And the plugs I have I bought from others (didn't know they were on plugs...well except one). I don't really like them either. My other frags are on square things, which would be hard to glue I think.

When I frag, I'll put them on small pieces of base rock. :D Thats the plan atleast.

I need to learn how to frag zoa and polyps incase mine great everywhere OoO
is there any special tools I need?

I haven't fragged anything yet...but I think you can use a razor blade...and then some tweezers would be helpful. You already have the glue. You'll want to wear gloves and maybe even eye goggles.

Back
Top Bottom