JOM20's 38g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol, just read this entire thread, Im tagging along...

you guys make me laugh - 4 months...I really do hope that was a typo!! Otherwise, you got some patience man.

It was my first SW tank and yes I was extremely cautious, but in the end it all paid off!

i wouldnt have been ablt to wait that long! you must have been really wanting to start that tank by the end of 4 months!

yeah i would have had fish and stuff in there long befor 4 months. but your tank will probably be more healthy than some tanks.

had a small algae problem for a little while but got rid of it. Other than that I have had no problems with it. I topoffs ever couple of days and once a month change about 2-3 gallons of water and it has worked like a charm. Oh its a 29 gallon reef.

Natalie

had a small algae problem for a little while but got rid of it. Other than that I have had no problems with it. I topoffs ever couple of days and once a month change about 2-3 gallons of water and it has worked like a charm. Oh its a 29 gallon reef.

Natalie

You should probably do a 4-5g water change every 2-3 weeks. I have a 29g and thats what Ive been doing. Seems like you are doing alright though for the most part. Just try to avoid future issues.

I wanna see how you set that rock up! Are you getting any live rock from LFS?

I ended up ordering 25lbs of live rock from premiumaquatics.com. The rock at my lfs didn't look good. Hopefully the rock I get from them will look better (like in their pics). :) It should arrive Friday. I'm going to go ahead and set the tank up with the base rock though, hopefully tonight.

You should probably do a 4-5g water change every 2-3 weeks. I have a 29g and thats what Ive been doing. Seems like you are doing alright though for the most part. Just try to avoid future issues.
+1, That is on the low side. What is your tank load, ie fish, corals etc.?

I have 1 clown 1 midas Blenny and a mandarin. I also have zoa's mushrooms a torch a trumpet and one coral that I can not figure out what it is. I have been doing this for over a year now and have never had a problem with perameters or calcium I do add nutrients from time to time

Lol, instead of triple posting, next time try using the big "EDIT" button on your previous post. xD Just letting you know! ;)

If it works. How long have you had the mandarin? They are hard to keep because of their diet of Pods.

thom i'd say they look to be around the same size.. rofl. I was just encouraging him to look for the button in the first place. xD

I have had the mandarin about 4 months. He seems to be doing good. I am thinking of supplementing the tank with pods. Has anyone ever purchased pods before?

Back
Top Bottom