Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Should be about $450 w. free shipping. If you buy 2 together like the one I posted its about $288 and a third separate would be about $150-160

TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Because the 100 is such a shallow tank, I think you might get away with just 2 lights hung a bit higher for the 3' spread.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
Should be about $450 w. free shipping. If you buy 2 together like the one I posted its about $288 and a third separate would be about $150-160
Awesome. Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing yours all set up. I know I mostly creep, but I do keep up with your thread. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingy View Post
Because the 100 is such a shallow tank, I think you might get away with just 2 lights hung a bit higher for the 3' spread.
Cool. I may as well try that. I can always add an extra light if I need one.

Is it better to build braces to hold them over the tank or to hang them from the ceiling? I could post a picture of the back of my stand if that would help.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

[QUOTE=jmay33;2483131]Awesome. Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing yours all set up. I know I mostly creep, but I do keep up with your thread. Lol.

haha thanks i appreciate it. I cant wait to get them they will arrive friday. I ordered them yesterday - pretty quick shipping for free. I'll be posting up pics when I get them. I just gotta figure out how high to hang them and how to hang them lol
Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol. That's how I feel already and my tank isn't even set up. I'm already worried about torching everything. That is really fast shipping for free. Do they sell lights on the regular? I might would buy from that buyer if you have a good experience.

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would assume so. I have been checking back and forth for a couple of months since I came across them on the best bang for your buck thread. I just didn't want to drop 300 on lights for a fish tank. I love the hobby but have no money to put into this tank. Then I realized that I can put more corals in the tank with the leds and have them thrive and be more successfull. Also, it's more energy effecient and I dont have to swap out bulbs.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I would assume so. I have been checking back and forth for a couple of months since I came across them on the best bang for your buck thread. I just didn't want to drop 300 on lights for a fish tank. I love the hobby but have no money to put into this tank. Then I realized that I can put more corals in the tank with the leds and have them thrive and be more successfull. Also, it's more energy effecient and I dont have to swap out bulbs.
Yeah. I understand that. That's how I feel. I've promised myself that I am going to get quality for this tank so I'm going to have to save up for the nice stuff. Lol.

25 gallon reef
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I haven't thought much about stocking. What kind of tangs would go well in a 6 foot tank? And do tangs need to go into a well established tank? I want to thoroughly research everything before I make any decisions. I figured asking for recommendations here is a great place to start.

25 gallon reef
Old 05-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Most tangs do very well in a 6' tank because it gives them sufficient swimming room. If you introduce more than 1 tang to the tank make sure it's done at the same time. Check compatibility. As long as you acclimate the fish properly, it doesn't have to go into a well established tank. Just make sure the params and temp match and you'll be fine. They like meaty foods as well as a mixed diet of greens/nori.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Most tangs do very well in a 6' tank because it gives them sufficient swimming room. If you introduce more than 1 tang to the tank make sure it's done at the same time. Check compatibility. As long as you acclimate the fish properly, it doesn't have to go into a well established tank. Just make sure the params and temp match and you'll be fine. They like meaty foods as well as a mixed diet of greens/nori.
I'm thinking maybe a yellow tang and a powder blue tang? Thanks for the info.

25 gallon reef

Tags
reef, gallon, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com