Jordan's 100 gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I saw his thread, good job getting him into it! I look back at pics from just a few months ago, and I can't believe how awful my rock work was.. Lol.. Btw, the new rock you got looks good, it's what about 90% of my tank is made up of, and I love it.

Ya I saw his thread, good job getting him into it! I look back at pics from just a few months ago, and I can't believe how awful my rock work was.. Lol.. Btw, the new rock you got looks good, it's what about 90% of my tank is made up of, and I love it.

Thanks. I was shocked. Lol. He picked an aquarium as his birthday present. I was so proud! Lol. Glad to hear that about the rock. I like it so far. Did yours color up or did it stay white? I was so glad to get that ugly yellow rock out! Lol.

It will color up. My tank wasn't to pretty for the first month or so after I added it.. Just straight white rock.. But now it looks good.. I love the porous look of it

It will color up. My tank wasn't to pretty for the first month or so after I added it.. Just straight white rock.. But now it looks good.. I love the porous look of it

Great! I was hoping so. I do too.

If everything goes as planned I may get to start cycling this tank earlier. Maybe August or so.

Anyone have an opinion on the shrimp method vs pure ammonia?

My financial situation has changed a little bit. As a result, my aquarium plans are going to have to change a little. I'll post a build plan when I have one figured out.

Btw, tank isn't going anywhere. The direction I'm going with it is just changing. :)

Not to brag, but I have 100 gallons of water in my living room. :)

Let the cycling begin!

Okay, maybe it wasn't a full 100 but I'm getting the rest this morning. :) I didn't want to fill it all the way up until today. I bought all of this live rock for $40. It's about 50-60 lbs. I'm excited! Now I just need some lights and I'm good to go!

And check it out, no skimmer on the front of the tank. That's my favorite part! Lol!

img_2545394_0_7aab1dbf8baf7c125c97d2cdcf8f1891.jpg

Thank you!!! I can't be more excited. Now to drop some brine shrimp in and let the bacteria go to town! Deciding to do a FOWLR instead of a reef made this happen a LOT faster than I expected it to. :) think an admin would help me change the name?

I'm sure they would. Not sure how to go about it though.

Me neither. Boo. Haha.

Any stocking suggestions Tony? I'm going to try to create a time sequence and stocking list. Ahhhhh. I'm so excited. :)

It's 6' long correct? Your options are wide open with a FOWLR. Except sharks, they need tanks with rounded corners. Just check liveaquaria.com for compatibility. Your in a good spot now. You don't have to concern yourself with tank size or reef safe.

It's 6' long correct? Your options are wide open with a FOWLR. Except sharks, they need tanks with rounded corners. Just check liveaquaria.com for compatibility. Your in a good spot now. You don't have to concern yourself with tank size or reef safe.

Yessir it is! I think I've read every word on live aquaria. :D I just can't decide. Lol. I want a puffer fish, some small tangs, a small trigger fish (my lfs gets them as small as a half dollar) and my boyfriend really wants a lion fish. So maybe one of those. I'm thinking a dwarf fuzzy. I'm not interested in having the largest fish in my tank be a venomous one. Lol.

My bad, most trigger fish need 125 - 180 gallon tanks. Puffers can be aggressive. Just do some homework.

Back
Top Bottom