Jordan's 29 gallon Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sooo, we found a hitch hiking fish. Lol. It's living in the back filtering section. It looks like some sort of reef chromis. We can't get it out.

Thanks Tony.

Does anyone know how to get a fish out of the back of my tank?

I would say a small net you can fit down there. Is it in the overflow box?

I would say a small net you can fit down there. Is it in the overflow box?

Yes. Kind of. I'm new to this biocube thing. I wish I knew all the parts so I could get him out. He definitely doesn't want to be caught. Lol. I'll try to take a picture. None of the nets I have are small enough to really maneuver in there. I tried gaining his trust. I did but he's too fast. Lol

Clown fish are also damsels. Trick is to have several so they pick on each other and a large enough environment for escape when necessary. Have had yellow tails for years with no issues. Pretty and easy to grow fish.

Maybe I'll put him in my 100 gallon when it is done cycling (assuming I can catch him) can you mix types of damsels?

Interesting about the clowns. I didn't know they were damsels. Thanks!

Maybe I'll put him in my 100 gallon when it is done cycling (assuming I can catch him) can you mix types of damsels?

Interesting about the clowns. I didn't know they were damsels. Thanks!

Yes, you can mix them. They are territorial, so they need room to establish their territories.
In the wild you will see various damsels together, except the clown fish which seem to group together.

Yes, you can mix them. They are territorial, so they need room to establish their territories.
In the wild you will see various damsels together, except the clown fish which seem to group together.

That's cool. What kinds of damsels can I keep together? Are there any "no nos"? And they can live with my other stocking considerations?

That's cool. What kinds of damsels can I keep together? Are there any "no nos"? And they can live with my other stocking considerations?

Again, it depends. I have had good luck with blue damsels. But they are territorial and some more "easy to scare" fish might be kept in hiding.

Damsels are always a mistake IMO. Same with chromis as they always seem to magically thin their own herd. What kind of look are you going for? I'm sure there is something out there that can fit the bill without going that route.

Back
Top Bottom