Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post
Liveaquaria.com is a great reference cite. You have a 55gal so you could get a really colorful wrasse. I'm limited because I only have a 35gal and most need larger aquariums.
Cool! Thanks!! I love that they have both reef safe and not reef safe categories. I'm thinking a 6 line wrasse or a flasher wrasse. They're gorgeous.
__________________

__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
I would love to get a flasher wrasse. They're really colorful.
__________________

__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post
I would love to get a flasher wrasse. They're really colorful.
Me too! They're beautiful. My lfs just always has 6 lines. I'm thinking about maybe doing an online order.
__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmay33 View Post

Me too! They're beautiful. My lfs just always has 6 lines. I'm thinking about maybe doing an online order.
If you want to build a good relationship with the lfs you could see if they would order you one. Might be a little more $ that way but you would be supporting a local business. It helps if you ever need support to be in good with the lfs. Sick fish, returns, special favored customer discounts. Lol
Not knocking on line purchases, most of the time you will save a few bucks that way.
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Jaketit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 449
^ Agreed. Lfs are awesome if you don't act like a know it all. I've been bringing in chaeto to my lfs and they always give me free water and never second guess me on perished fish.
__________________
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post

If you want to build a good relationship with the lfs you could see if they would order you one. Might be a little more $ that way but you would be supporting a local business. It helps if you ever need support to be in good with the lfs. Sick fish, returns, special favored customer discounts. Lol
Not knocking on line purchases, most of the time you will save a few bucks that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
^ Agreed. Lfs are awesome if you don't act like a know it all. I've been bringing in chaeto to my lfs and they always give me free water and never second guess me on perished fish.
I agree with all of that. I have a great lfs. They definitely know me. Lol. There is only one fish store that isn't a petsmart in my area. I may see if they can get them.

I HAD to share this picture. Lol. I couldn't stop laughing.

__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmay33 View Post

I agree with all of that. I have a great lfs. They definitely know me. Lol. There is only one fish store that isn't a petsmart in my area. I may see if they can get them.

I HAD to share this picture. Lol. I couldn't stop laughing.
Rof that's too funny!
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Lol. I thought so. I want y'alls opinion. I got an amazon gift card for my birthday. I've already asked for a protein skimmer from my family, so I'm looking into getting a powerhead/powerheads. Here is what I have found. The one with the 2 powerheads, the biggest complaint on the reviews is the suction cups suck. Someone said that they did DIY magnets. Just wondering if you thought that would be too difficult? Also, the 2 powerheads would have free shipping. I'm having a really hard time deciding.

The 800 gph wave maker my brother just ordered and he loves it. He hasn't had it a week yet, I don't think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004KN...sr=8-7&pi=SL75

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00248...sr=8-5&pi=SL75
__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
willbratz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brandon, Florida
Posts: 769
I hand feed almost all of my fish and so do my children, they all love it.
__________________
willbratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by willbratz View Post
I hand feed almost all of my fish and so do my children, they all love it.
Awesome! Do you only use flake food or anything else?
__________________

__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.