Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome! :) if I invest in an rodi system, I will def invest in one of those. :) I don't drink the tap water where I live anyway. Very high arsenic and chlorine levels. I know too much. Lol

I'd say its all but a must have. I'm very happy with mine from BRS. saves substantial money both in water costs and in the lack of times you go to your lfs (walk in wanting water and leave with coral ;))

I'd say its all but a must have. I'm very happy with mine from BRS. saves substantial money both in water costs and in the lack of times you go to your lfs (walk in wanting water and leave with coral ;))

Roflmbo!!! I went to my lfs yesterday to get a $4.25 jug of water that cost me over $70.00. I had 3 nice frags that hitchhiked in with it though. Lol

Hahah. Every single time! I've had to start buying more water at a time so I go less often. For now, I won't have that problem. Lol.

Roflmbo!!! I went to my lfs yesterday to get a $4.25 jug of water that cost me over $70.00. I had 3 nice frags that hitchhiked in with it though. Lol

Lol. I love it when things hitchhike in water...

Awesome start you got going on here Jordan, I must say i am a bit jelly of your fish room :p

Thank you Sonoma! I actually just got rid of almost all of my aquariums. I sold 9 of them. :( No worries though. It's only so I can have a few larger aquariums and plan them better. :) fish room is definitely still on. Lol.

Awesome i wish you the best of luck ! i think i am going to sell my 120g and start looking for a nice cube or corner tank.

Awesome i wish you the best of luck ! i think i am going to sell my 120g and start looking for a nice cube or corner tank.

Thank you. :) I never know what I want. Lol. A cube and a corner tank are for sure two things I want eventually. It's just a matter of what they'll turn into. :) good luck to you too!!

My brother sent me this picture today! Score! That's my light for my pico, purigen for both my tanks, and the timer to go on my 55. :) (the book is for my niece for her birthday. Lol.)

img_2382888_0_39f2c684ab1b5a769801fe1869761f6b.jpg

I would definitely invest In a Refractometer I personally have the Refractometer by d-d aquatics and now whenever I misplace it and have to use my hydrometer I feel like a caveman who had a lighter but lost it and is now forced to use two rocks and some kindling.

I would definitely invest In a Refractometer I personally have the Refractometer by d-d aquatics and now whenever I misplace it and have to use my hydrometer I feel like a caveman who had a lighter but lost it and is now forced to use two rocks and some kindling.

Haha. Awesome analogy. I will do that. :) y'all may have to help me know how to read it when I do though.

Chromis are cool. Unfortunately I both a school of 4 and they were all dead within a month. I've had no luck with them at all. It stinks cause they are a Kewl schooling fish

Chromis are cool. Unfortunately I both a school of 4 and they were all dead within a month. I've had no luck with them at all. It stinks cause they are a Kewl schooling fish

I know. I love them. Eventually I want to keep some alive. My lfs thinks upping my feedings will help. My sand is 85% better! The increased flow from the powerhead has helped tremendously! :)

By eventually keep some alive I meant I hope these live. Lol. I realized how that looked.

I'm really really anxious for my lights to come on today. Lol. I still have an hour!

Tick tock tick tock. Lol. I know the feeling. I go through a lot more batteries in my flashlights now. Can't figure out why. Lol

Tick tock tick tock. Lol. I know the feeling. I go through a lot more batteries in my flashlights now. Can't figure out why. Lol

Lol. Hmmm. I wonder! I've been watching the clock. They come on in 20 minutes. :) I'm on a 6 hour light cycle, so they're not on very much. I'm pretty much consumed once they come on. Lol.

I need opinions! Thinking about buying this 56 column fowler. $200 too much?

HOB filter, 2 T5 fixture, 3 clownfish(2 are black, one would go in the 55,) 1 flame angel, 1 electric damsel, and 3 zebra damsels, some snails and hermits. I know the stocking list needs serious adjusting and the poor tank needs more rock and maintenance, but is it a good deal?

Here's the pic.

img_2392011_0_1a31a93c350b993d4196faabd43a0ef0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom