Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #281
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
How's the reef doing?
__________________

__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #282
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Decent. Thanks for asking. I've been so busy with school plus traveling for easter, it's ridiculous. I wrecked my car on Sunday. I've been really sore so my boyfriend (best ever) did a 10 gallon water change for me today. I have my clown, two chromis, and a 6-line wrasse and they're all doing well. Happy as ever! I'm thinking of adding something in a month or so. Perhaps a goby. Maybe I'll get a sufficient lid and get a firefish? All I know is I feel negligent and it needs some TLC. Lol. I don't know how to make my pumping xenias happy. They've been looking horrible. I they act like they hate the flow, but I can't find a low flow spot to set them in. It's a little frustrating.
__________________

__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #283
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmay33 View Post
Decent. Thanks for asking. I've been so busy with school plus traveling for easter, it's ridiculous. I wrecked my car on Sunday. I've been really sore so my boyfriend (best ever) did a 10 gallon water change for me today. I have my clown, two chromis, and a 6-line wrasse and they're all doing well. Happy as ever! I'm thinking of adding something in a month or so. Perhaps a goby. Maybe I'll get a sufficient lid and get a firefish? All I know is I feel negligent and it needs some TLC. Lol. I don't know how to make my pumping xenias happy. They've been looking horrible. I they act like they hate the flow, but I can't find a low flow spot to set them in. It's a little frustrating.
Sorry to hear about your accident, good thing you have someone willing to help you with the tanks. Try moving a rock or 2 to create a calmer area for the xenia. Hope you feel better soon, don't feel like your negligent, life happens.
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #284
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post

Sorry to hear about your accident, good thing you have someone willing to help you with the tanks. Try moving a rock or 2 to create a calmer area for the xenia. Hope you feel better soon, don't feel like your negligent, life happens.
Thank you. I've never been so thankful to be alive and healthy. I've been thinking about moving some rocks around, but I'm worried about creating dead spot and giving the cyano the upper hand again. Lol. I guess it's all trial and error. I'm going to move things around this afternoon, I'll post a before and after shot. I am also ordering a new power head so I can have them on both sides. The one I have does a great job, but I wouldn't have to worry about dead spots if I had 2. I ordered it this morning so it should be here this week or early next week.
__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #285
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Here is the tank today. Like i said, needs some TLC. My hammer coral is splitting a head though. I'm hoping to see improvement in my xenias in their new spot.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/...B773B9E7A8.mp4
__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #286
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Fish look health and happy. Just do what you can and don't get overwhelmed. Hope your starting to feel better!!!
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #287
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post
Fish look health and happy. Just do what you can and don't get overwhelmed. Hope your starting to feel better!!!
Thank you! And that's really reassuring. I've been feeling a little bad about how dirty it is. I have at least been doing water changes and feeding them. Thank God for light timers. I think he sent those just for me and my life craziness. Haha. Another 800 gph wavemaker was put in the mail for me yesterday. I'm excited to see how much doubling the flow is going to change my tank. I'm not sure how they should be placed. Any advice? I would really like to keep the one I have where it is. My sand is so clean with it there. Lol.
__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #288
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Honesty I would take that heater and put it on the left side as your facing the tank. Hidden by the rocks, that way the cord isn't draped across the whole tank. I would put the new power head on the back about 3/4 up from the bottom on the right, pointed slightly up toward the front glass for some surface agitation which will help with gas Exchange and create some random flow.
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #289
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jmay33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post
Honesty I would take that heater and put it on the left side as your facing the tank. Hidden by the rocks, that way the cord isn't draped across the whole tank. I would put the new power head on the back about 3/4 up from the bottom on the right, pointed slightly up toward the front glass for some surface agitation which will help with gas Exchange and create some random flow.
Awesome. Thanks. I also can't wait to get a background on it.
__________________
"All men are equal before fish." - Herbert Hoover

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #290
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Your welcome, a background will look great. Dark blue or black. Solid colors looks best.
__________________

__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.