Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I moved their filter, their powerhead, and about 10 lbs of live rock. I drip acclimated everything.

Well there is a lot more wiggle room in this hobby so it is possible that you'll be just fine be sure to drip acclimate.

Why would you drip live rock? I have never dripped live rock. I've simply pulled it from my 55 and placed it in my 120, no issues.

I drip acclimated everything because the live rock I moved had corals on it. All of my corals appear to be the happiest they've ever been.

Well he already has high nitrates his tank is also very new so raising the ammonia in could cause it too enter another cycle although it is unlikely it has happened to me when I set up my 40 breeder.

Well he already has high nitrates his tank is also very new so raising the ammonia in could cause it too enter another cycle although it is unlikely it has happened to me when I set up my 40 breeder.

Thank you. I will do a pwc ASAP and keep up with testing my parameters.

As for now, everything at least appears very happy.

How is the tank today?

Good right now. Water levels are ammonia 0 ppm, nitrite 0 ppm, nitrate 20 ppm. Planning a water change in the next few days. Here's a FTS! I'm working on making a background, as you can see. Lol. It will be black. I'm thinking about investing in a better stand later on down the road.

img_2360958_0_a8d06ff64d34f0b6388c3419f38ddb4d.jpg

Edit: I'm also crossing my fingers that I get a protein skimmer for my birthday!! It's the only thing I've asked for. :)

Is it normal to have that many diatoms? I'm guessing it's because of my poor filtration/water movement?

I haven't met a person with a new tank that hasn't had them. All part of the first stages.

I haven't met a person with a new tank that hasn't had them. All part of the first stages.

Awesome. I was thinking it was a sign that my tank was progressing. I have the 800 gph wave maker powerhead ordered. It should ship any day! I'm excited about that. The little powerhead from my nano looks pretty pitiful. Lol.

Awesome. I was thinking it was a sign that my tank was progressing. I have the 800 gph wave maker powerhead ordered. It should ship any day! I'm excited about that. The little powerhead from my nano looks pretty pitiful. Lol.

Just wait til you get a hair algae issue :)

Just wait til you get a hair algae issue :)

Lol. Noooo! My brother had it really really bad and he changed the filters in his RO system and BAM. It was pretty much gone. So I'm crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't happen. Lol.

Lol. Noooo! My brother had it really really bad and he changed the filters in his RO system and BAM. It was pretty much gone. So I'm crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't happen. Lol.

I'm fighting it now in my 120. Never had it in my 55 though. I'm gonna just add some algaefix marine and call it a day. I've only got 004ppm in my RO/DI so it can't be that. I've cut my lights and recently cut my feedings to twice a week.

I'm fighting it now in my 120. Never had it in my 55 though. I'm gonna just add some algaefix marine and call it a day. I've only got 004ppm in my RO/DI so it can't be that. I've cut my lights and recently cut my feedings to twice a week.

Wow. Well, I'm sure that will do it! I had a serious cyano problem in my 10 g nano, started feeding twice a week, added a powerhead, and the problem was fixed.

RO/DI Should read zero PO4. I would change filters

Back
Top Bottom