Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Decent. Thanks for asking. :) I've been so busy with school plus traveling for easter, it's ridiculous. I wrecked my car on Sunday. :( I've been really sore so my boyfriend (best ever) did a 10 gallon water change for me today. I have my clown, two chromis, and a 6-line wrasse and they're all doing well. Happy as ever! :) I'm thinking of adding something in a month or so. Perhaps a goby. Maybe I'll get a sufficient lid and get a firefish? All I know is I feel negligent and it needs some TLC. Lol. I don't know how to make my pumping xenias happy. They've been looking horrible. I they act like they hate the flow, but I can't find a low flow spot to set them in. It's a little frustrating.

Decent. Thanks for asking. :) I've been so busy with school plus traveling for easter, it's ridiculous. I wrecked my car on Sunday. :( I've been really sore so my boyfriend (best ever) did a 10 gallon water change for me today. I have my clown, two chromis, and a 6-line wrasse and they're all doing well. Happy as ever! :) I'm thinking of adding something in a month or so. Perhaps a goby. Maybe I'll get a sufficient lid and get a firefish? All I know is I feel negligent and it needs some TLC. Lol. I don't know how to make my pumping xenias happy. They've been looking horrible. I they act like they hate the flow, but I can't find a low flow spot to set them in. It's a little frustrating.

Sorry to hear about your accident, good thing you have someone willing to help you with the tanks. Try moving a rock or 2 to create a calmer area for the xenia. Hope you feel better soon, don't feel like your negligent, life happens.

Sorry to hear about your accident, good thing you have someone willing to help you with the tanks. Try moving a rock or 2 to create a calmer area for the xenia. Hope you feel better soon, don't feel like your negligent, life happens.

Thank you. I've never been so thankful to be alive and healthy. I've been thinking about moving some rocks around, but I'm worried about creating dead spot and giving the cyano the upper hand again. Lol. I guess it's all trial and error. I'm going to move things around this afternoon, I'll post a before and after shot. :) I am also ordering a new power head so I can have them on both sides. The one I have does a great job, but I wouldn't have to worry about dead spots if I had 2. I ordered it this morning so it should be here this week or early next week. :)

Fish look health and happy. Just do what you can and don't get overwhelmed. Hope your starting to feel better!!!

Fish look health and happy. Just do what you can and don't get overwhelmed. Hope your starting to feel better!!!

Thank you! And that's really reassuring. I've been feeling a little bad about how dirty it is. I have at least been doing water changes and feeding them. Thank God for light timers. I think he sent those just for me and my life craziness. Haha. Another 800 gph wavemaker was put in the mail for me yesterday. I'm excited to see how much doubling the flow is going to change my tank. I'm not sure how they should be placed. Any advice? I would really like to keep the one I have where it is. My sand is so clean with it there. Lol.

Honesty I would take that heater and put it on the left side as your facing the tank. Hidden by the rocks, that way the cord isn't draped across the whole tank. I would put the new power head on the back about 3/4 up from the bottom on the right, pointed slightly up toward the front glass for some surface agitation which will help with gas Exchange and create some random flow.

Honesty I would take that heater and put it on the left side as your facing the tank. Hidden by the rocks, that way the cord isn't draped across the whole tank. I would put the new power head on the back about 3/4 up from the bottom on the right, pointed slightly up toward the front glass for some surface agitation which will help with gas Exchange and create some random flow.

Awesome. Thanks. I also can't wait to get a background on it.

Your welcome, a background will look great. Dark blue or black. Solid colors looks best.

It sure is, just more involved. Especially if there is no room between the tank and the wall.

It sure is, just more involved. Especially if there is no room between the tank and the wall.

Well, I'm building a new stand soon, so I will have a little time when we move it. Just not much. I may have to do something other than paint.

I've never painted one myself but have seen several threads on here where they pain them and it doesn't seem too hard. Of course you will need to be careful not to get any paint inside the tank.

I've never painted one myself but have seen several threads on here where they pain them and it doesn't seem too hard. Of course you will need to be careful not to get any paint inside the tank.

I think it looks like it is a really clean look. I probably should have done it before cycling and stocking my tank, though. I'm thinking maybe a background like this one.

img_2422722_0_3ca39ae540c3f8a567ac1eccf8c6bdf6.jpg

That looks like a good one. I like the color.

I think so too. It looks natural, I think. I found it online, so hopefully my LFS carries it. Maybe in the next few weeks I can get started on my stand. I really despise the one I have. Lol.

Yeah, this is an ever changing hobby. I'm constantly tweaking this and checking that. Moving things around, adding coral. Lol, I enjoy every minute of it! Make it your own, your the one that has to be happy with it.

Yeah, this is an ever changing hobby. I'm constantly tweaking this and checking that. Moving things around, adding coral. Lol, I enjoy every minute of it! Make it your own, your the one that has to be happy with it.

I love that its always changing. It would be so boring otherwise! My power head is here in town and the tracker says I won't get it until Monday. Blah!

Lol, I just adjusted some rocks and trimmed my halimeda plants. I hate waiting for snail mail. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom