Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Jorge A. Gomezjurado - Seminar on Seahorses in DC area

The Washington area marine aquarist socity will be hosting Jorge Gomezjurado on Feb 25th. For those whom dont know who Jorge is he is what I would consiter the formost expert on aquarium seahorses. Those whom attended last years MACNA would have had a chance to sit in on one of his lectures. If you didnt catch that lecture and you live within driving distance of DC I strongly urge you to attend. In addition to Jorge there will be a raffle and select local vendors will be there offering exclusive discounts. See the link below for a more detailed description of the meeting as well as a detailed bio of Jorge.

Click here to get more details on the meeting

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Thanks for the link, fishfreek. Vienna is a bit of a drive, but it might be fun.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
A bit of a drive you say. HA. I have driven up that way for many meetings. Close to 2 1/2 hours for me one way! All of their meetings are great. If you enjoyed MACNA you will enjoy a WAMAS meeting. Just on a smaller scale.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fishfreek: If I drive to VA can I ride with you the rest of the way?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Normally I would say yes but I dont know if I am going to this meeting myself. Ill have to check my schedule some more.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:26 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I went last year and had a nice time. Met Fishfreek. Saw - and bought some cool stuff folks brought. I most likely will not stay for the mtg this year, but I will "stop by" to drop off a bunch of xenia. Maybe Fluff'll be there so I can get hers to her.

Any other takers that'll be there?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

My wife is asking off work on that day so I may be going up. I live right off I-81. Is that on your way or will you have to go out ofyour way to meet me on 81?

Tags
seahorse, seahorses

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com