Just Another Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MBliss81

Aquarium Advice Freak
After a couple years with my 38 gallon reef tank, the time has come to upgrade.

We just moved to a new house and I figured it would be a little easier, and very convenient, to upgrade to a larger tank as long as I was going to have to move everything anyway.

Things haven’t gone as smoothly with the move as I had hoped, due to the fact that we have also been remodeling the new home, so after about 3 weeks I still haven’t moved the tank out of the old place yet (luckily that home is owned by family, and the new residents, also family, don’t mind the tank being there for a little while).

Finally got started on filling the new tank with water tonight. The new lights I ordered came in a couple days ago. Got the new 55 gallon tank, which I got from a friend of a friend for $60 with a stand I’m choosing not to use, all cleaned up and made sure it will hold water. Adding water as fast as my RODI system will make it. Should be plenty of time for the 40 lbs of aragonite live sand to settle before I add my live rock from the old tank and get the levels right before moving the rest of the coral, critters, and fish.

Excited for the new addition to my new home office! :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_2668.jpg
    IMG_2668.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2669.jpg
    IMG_2669.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 131
55 gallon upgrade complete. New additions: Melanurus Wrasse and Orange Sea Star

Attachments

• IMG_2739.jpg
    IMG_2739.jpg