Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

This forum is absolutley AWESOME! Thanks everyone for the great info!

So basically keep the fish in the QT until I get the tank cycled to where it should be?

Also- I'm thinking of adding more Live Sand, I guess I should do that all at once right?

Old 02-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotJ View Post
This forum is absolutley AWESOME! Thanks everyone for the great info!

So basically keep the fish in the QT until I get the tank cycled to where it should be?

Also- I'm thinking of adding more Live Sand, I guess I should do that all at once right?
If you keep the water, and just add a bit more sand under the old sand, all you would have to do is wait until the temperature is right, and most of the cloudiness is gone. Then you should be safe to put the livestock in. You wouldn't have to worry about a "cycle"because the water is already in an established tank, and therfore already cycled.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

So just to confirm - Cycling is the process of ensuring nitrate, nitrite, amonia & PH levels are in line with where they should be correct?

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find info on how to fix any of these levels if they become out of wack?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to MichaelsLilGray Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelsLilGray
if the cycle is fully finished... the tank shouldnt have spikes... if ever it does.. there is a ammonia blocker called prime... best to use.. if you do infact have a ammonia spike.. to get your nitrAtes back in check.. just a small waterchange every week.. or bi weekly will fix that no problem =D

Tags
first tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com