Just broke down my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taco

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Had a red mithrax crab from **** in my tank. It was eating snails at first then moved onto my sandsifting star fish and large brittle star fish. Killed that. Was nipping at my bubble anemone. And I just added some small ricordea and it ate one of the little orange ones. That was the last straw. Needless to say that crab is no longer in this tank or this world. I was over feeding the tank to see if that would keep it off the other inhabitants but no luck.

Any one else have a crab go crazy like this?

Not a matrix but a peppermint shrimp. Sometimes there are just bad seeds.

I had a bad crab too, he killed one of my hermits, it took me near two months to locate and extract. Rock work doesnt look the same!

Yeah. My rock work is not looking that great right now. Have 2 anemones that made it hard to restack. Once they move around again I'll redo it.

I had a black Mithrax. Evil little crab it killed approximately ALL of my snails. That crab is no longer with us either. Took me a long time to catch him, but the glass bottle trick finally worked. I tried to attach a picture but it says there is an issue with the forum runner plug in whatever that means

Had the same prob too with the iPhone app. Update the app in the store and it'll work.

Tank is doing much better now that the crab is gone.

Attachments

• image-3168276628.jpg
    image-3168276628.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 186
Honestly, I knew about the reds, but I didn't even know there were such a thing as black mithrax crabs. Hopefully these guys were abnormalities!

Back
Top Bottom